Hardware Should i buy a New 3ds xl or Old 3ds xl

xflamer234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Im currently think about upgrading from my regular old 3ds. I would get the new 3ds if the sd card wasn't in the inside of it.I have been downloading alot of games recently so its requiring me to take out the sd card alot.But im still thinking to buy the new 3ds please help me decide what to get.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
i think the sd card thing is a bit over-exaggerated, if you plan ahead, then the only time you need to access it is when a new game or update(optional) comes out. it is a slightly bigger issue on the xl, only because the back is harder to remove with lots of clips.

in the process of dg or installing cfw, just leave the back cover off or don't screw it in, it holds fine.

as for whether it's worth the upgrade, that's up to you entirely, the pros and cons you can find littered throughout this forum!

Reactions: xflamer234

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New, because there's not lots of new 3ds exclusive doesn't means old 3ds games coming up will be good, go search for a comparison video between the new and old 3ds dos for hyrule legends warriors , it's quite funny actually

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i sold my o3ds xl and bought a new 3ds (the regular one) two days ago..
it was worth to do that (ssb boots very fast. downloading games of eshop is faster too and if you plan to get hyrule warriors legends than get a n3ds (XL)
there are more reasons of course

xflamer234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
i sold my o3ds xl and bought a new 3ds (the regular one) two days ago..
it was worth to do that (ssb boots very fast. downloading games of eshop is faster too and if you plan to get hyrule warriors legends than get a n3ds (XL)
there are more reasons of course
thanks bro im gonna buy a new 3ds then

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i think the sd card thing is a bit over-exaggerated, if you plan ahead, then the only time you need to access it is when a new game or update(optional) comes out. it is a slightly bigger issue on the xl, only because the back is harder to remove with lots of clips.

in the process of dg or installing cfw, just leave the back cover off or don't screw it in, it holds fine.

as for whether it's worth the upgrade, that's up to you entirely, the pros and cons you can find littered throughout this forum!
you leave the back cover not screwed in and it doesn't fall off then that just helps me alot then

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

New, because there's not lots of new 3ds exclusive doesn't means old 3ds games coming up will be good, go search for a comparison video between the new and old 3ds dos for hyrule legends warriors , it's quite funny actually
I know because i have hyrule warriors legends. i cant wait to play it when i get my new 3ds

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
it holds well, but there is some back and forth movement because the plate is a tiny bit smaller than the cavity it goes in (stock plates). i recommend screwing it in if you know you won't be needing the sd card for a while.

xflamer234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
it holds well, but there is some back and forth movement because the plate is a tiny bit smaller than the cavity it goes in (stock plates). i recommend screwing it in if you know you won't be needing the sd card for a while.
ok thanks for the info

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im currently think about upgrading from my regular old 3ds. I would get the new 3ds if the sd card wasn't in the inside of it.I have been downloading alot of games recently so its requiring me to take out the sd card alot.But im still thinking to buy the new 3ds please help me decide what to get.

This method is not super fast, but not too slow either, you can transfer stuff to your microsd wirelessly with data management in settings. I don't remove the back cover and microsd everytime. Haven't had any real problems though I am right next to the router which helps. I'd use teracopy if you want to ensure the files aren't corrupted during transfer. I agree with you though, the old 3ds sd card access and stylus were nicer, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the older version now. IPS screen + viable 3D is huge.

xflamer234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
This method is not super fast, but not too slow either, you can transfer stuff to your microsd wirelessly with data management in settings. I don't remove the back cover and microsd everytime. Haven't had any real problems though I am right next to the router which helps. I'd use teracopy if you want to ensure the files aren't corrupted during transfer. I agree with you though, the old 3ds sd card access and stylus were nicer, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the older version now. IPS screen + viable 3D is huge.
thanks for your comment i have the money to buy it i just needed some advice on which one i should get.but you helped me realize that i must get the new 3ds xl

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you dont like the screwing of th n3ds xl, wait for the pokemon blue/red N3ds normal size to come out. should be coming out real soon here in America.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"