Should gamers be seperated by age?

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly. It's all up to perspective. Adults can act immature and kids can act mature.
Someone with mental maturity and not acting like a hyperactive asshole.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't see how it would change anything. If you're playing with some kiddy spam meme brat, then you mute them, then trash them in whatever match you're playing, and move on.
The problem is kids should not aspire to some hyperactive crowd, but they worship them instead and thinking playing these m rated games will make them cooler.

D

Deleted User

Just what I thought. And how will we divide these people? Will everybody have to take a test before they can play multiplayer in every game? Couldn't people just fake this test or whatever?

Everything I said in my first post exists. Don't like a person, mute them. We shouldn't divide a gaming community in half based on age.

Reactions: Deleted User

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just what I thought. And how will we divide these people? Will everybody have to take a test before they can play multiplayer in every game? Couldn't people just fake this test or whatever?

Everything I said in my first post exists. Don't like a person, mute them. We shouldn't divide a gaming community in half based on age.
The real problem is how its poisoning this generation. Kids running around swearing and trying to be 'cool' is not desriable.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The problem is kids should not aspire to some hyperactive crowd, but they worship them instead and thinking playing these m rated games will make them cooler.
It's been like that for a while, at least the "M-rated games make me cool!" idea has. Mortal Kombat was the coolest thing in the 90s because you could viciously tear apart your opponents. Games had wild box arts of muscled men with swords attacking demon creatures to make the game look much more edgey and violent than it really was, just to sell more copies because "ooh cool factor!" That's how it's always been, and how it probably always will be.

The whole HURR HURR I YELL AT GAMES AND AM FUNNY generation is a completely separate thing, and as annoying as it is, I don't see it stopping until the next YouTube fad comes around. Kids see being loud and obnoxious as the "right" way to act, because why shouldn't they? All they see is fame and fortune for these loud people on the Internet, and want to imitate it.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

The real problem is how its poisoning this generation. Kids running around swearing and trying to be 'cool' is not desirable.
What's poisoning this generation? Video games? People in general? Well, you can't just blame this on multi-player and video games. There are a lot more factors to why a kid acts edgy. A multi-player game like Sm4sh will not exsert the same reaction while player as a multi-player COD game.

So, kids can be little shits. Still doesn't mean we should divide people. Also, *desirable

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, of course not.

If a game is considered child friendly, it already has chat moderation. "Mature" communities that play the game either play by those rules or have their own method of communication between one another.
In the case of mature video games, filtering and parental controls are standard today. If an underage player is subjected to mature language or discussion, that's the fault the parent and the rest of the player-base shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's poisoning this generation? Video games? People in general? Well, you can't just blame this on multi-player and video games. There are a lot more factors to why a kid acts edgy. A multi-player game like Sm4sh will not exsert the same reaction while player as a multi-player COD game.

So, kids can be little shits. Still doesn't mean we should divide people. Also, *desirable

Attachments

• 31914460.jpg
    31914460.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 95

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    Veho @ Veho: Ah, you mean furries.