Should evolution be taught in schools?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
He basically only says it as a rhetorical argument. That it could be, except it isn't. It's like if I said "If it's racist to like pizza, I'm racist" and you just told people I'd admitted to being racist.

Anyway, are we really that cleverly designed? The parts of our throat that allow us to talk also mean we're the only animal who can kill themselves by food going down the wrong way. We're hugely vulnerable to a massive amount of ailment and most children who are conceived will never survive to be born. If they are, they have a one in three chance of their cells going crazy and replicating exponentially in the form of cancer at some point in their lives. We seem much more like a work in progress than the final version 1.0 formed by a perfect creator in his divine image to me.

Reactions: 1 person

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He basically only says it as a rhetorical argument. That it could be, except it isn't. It's like if I said "If it's racist to like pizza, I'm racist" and you just told people I'd admitted to being racist.

Anyway, are we really that cleverly designed? The parts of our throat that allow us to talk also mean we're the only animal who can kill themselves by food going down the wrong way. We're hugely vulnerable to a massive amount of ailment and most children who are conceived will never survive to be born. If they are, they have a one in three chance of their cells going crazy and replicating exponentially in the form of cancer at some point in their lives. We seem much more like a work in progress than the final version 1.0 formed by a perfect creator in his divine image to me.
That's down to the one ancient human mistake, which pretty much wrecked the children.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
So what you're saying is that Adam and Eve had a different genetic makeup and design to the rest of humanity? (You know, besides missing a belly button)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
What a wicked and evil god to punish the innocent for something someone else did. But then he did slaughter innocent children in the massacre of the first born, I guess.

So what you're saying is that Adam and Eve had a different genetic makeup and design to the rest of humanity? (You know, besides missing a belly button)

Maybe we're all just fucked up from their children populating the whole planet through incest?

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They were created to live eternally, but they weren't too different. I mean, the body can regenerate itself, and yet nowadays, it just...stops eventually.
What a wicked and evil god to punish the innocent for something someone else did. But then he did slaughter innocent children in the massacre of the first born, I guess.
Not in the slightest. He warned them what was going to happen, they did it themselves.

If I give you a car, it can continue to run for a long time, but I tell you only to use diesel, because petrol damages it. You use petrol anyway. Is that my fault?
Then if you were going to give people lifts to places which they now can't get to because you've wrecked the car, is that my fault too?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

Maybe we're all just fucked up from their children populating the whole planet through incest?

It would explain alot of things. ;) Of course it's not the answer because god being all-powerful did his "juju dance of mojo" and fixed the problems caused by incest, after punishing them first by tweaking their design badly of course.

They were created to live eternally, but they weren't too different. I mean, the body can regenerate itself, and yet nowadays, it just...stops eventually.

So when did your god change the design of the throat as you previously implied?

Not in the slightest. He warned them what was going to happen, they did it themselves.

If I give you a car, it can continue to run for a long time, but I tell you only to use diesel, because petrol damages it. You use petrol anyway. Is that my fault?
Then if you were going to give people lifts to places which they now can't get to because you've wrecked the car, is that my fault too?
Let's put it another way. Should Hitler's family and descendants of that his family be jailed for crimes against humanity?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country

And then you take a sledgehammer to every car in my street, my children's cars and my children's children's cars, yeah?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't imply anything about the throat?

Ah, I misunderstood you then. You were replying to BlueStar's comment where he mentioned the bad design of the throat along with other badly designed aspects of the human body. When you said it was Eve's fault I thought you meant that Adam and Eve had a better designed throat then we do. So Adam and Eve had a badly designed throat as well?

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't imply anything about the throat?

Ah, I misunderstood you then. You were replying to BlueStar's comment where he mentioned the bad design of the throat along with other badly designed aspects of the human body. When you said it was Eve's fault I thought you meant that Adam and Eve had a better designed throat then we do. So Adam and Eve had a badly designed throat as well?
Oh, right.

The throat I would imagine, is the same design as it always was; choking is usually just the result of an accident, something that wouldn't happen were we not prone to mistakes.

After all, I never worry about a choking risk when I eat; I'm aware of how much food I can take in in one bite, and what I can't chew. I have choked before on a small bone of some sort, but if I'd noticed the bone, I'd have removed it without trying to eat it. When you're aware of the danger, you avoid it, just as I don't jump from a building, because I'm fully aware my legs won't absorb enough of the energy of a 2000 foot drop. I was referring to perfect health in general in my other post. A lot of defects are present now that wouldn't be in a perfect body. Cancerous tumours may come about seemingly spontaneously; those wouldn't be present in a perfect body, but because of the myriad defects that have developed down the line, stuff like that happens now.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
God created Adam and Eve, he created the magic talking snake and he created the forbidden banana. He's all knowing, so he knew when he designed these things, in this way, exactly what would happen. And yet he still used it as an excuse to carry out his everlasting torture of millions of people who had nothing to do with something that was his fault in the first place. The God of the bible is either a petty idiot or evil. "Baby being born with half a brain? Hmm, guess I am all powerful and I can stop it. But hey, that woman at the beginning of time hurt my feelings. SUFFER CHILD, SUFFER! Ahahaha."

And that's without even getting into things like his flood holocaust, where almost the entire planet, men, women, children, babies,puppies, kittens, was drowned to death, something which is now celebrated in Sunday Schools as a cute childrens story about rainbows and doves. And turning someone to salt for looking over their shoulder. And telling someone to kill their son and then saying "LOL jk". What has Satan done which is anywhere near as evil as the acts of Biblegod? Oh, he punishes evil people in hell? Huh, I thought punishing evil people was a good thing? God does it all the time. He's punishing me right now because of something my great, great [...] great, great grandmother did when he tempted her with the forbidden fruit he made.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
God created Adam and Eve, he created the magic talking snake and he created the forbidden banana.
He created his angels; it was an angel that rebelled. Angels have free will too, and this one got too ambitious and wanted something that didn't rightly belong to him.

He's all knowing, so he knew when he designed these things, in this way, exactly what would happen. And yet he still used it as an excuse to carry out his everlasting torture of millions of people who had nothing to do with something that was in the first place. The God of the bible is either a petty idiot or evil. "Baby being born with half a brain? Hmm, guess I am all powerful and I can stop it. But hey, that woman at the beginning of time hurt my feelings. SUFFER CHILD, SUFFER! Ahahaha."
He has the ability to foretell the future (which he doesn't use all the time), but this isn't the same as all-knowing. If he knew exactly how everything would play out, that wouldn't say much about our free will now, would it? (Oh, and torture is something he never does.)

And that's without even getting into things like his flood holocaust, where almost the entire planet, men, women, children, babies,puppies, kittens, was drowned to death, something which is now celebrated in Sunday Schools as a cute childrens story about rainbows and doves. And turning someone to salt for looking over their shoulder. And telling someone to kill their son and then saying "LOL jk". What has Satan done which is anywhere near as evil as the acts of Biblegod?
There was plenty of warning about the flood. While Noah was building, he and his family tried so much to warn people, but thanks to their callous attitude, no one else paid attention. They had their chance and wasted it; what happened after that was perfectly justified.

Lot's family were warned not to stop or look back on the city while they were fleeing, yet Lot's wife did. Unjustified? No; she looked back, longing for what she left behind and died as a result.

As for Abraham and Isaac, it was a test of Abraham's faith, and a test that Isaac was not afraid to comply with. Abraham loved his son, and he also loved his god, and placed tremendous faith in him. He must have found sacrificing his son to be an out of the ordinary request, yet his faith told him that if he were to die, he could simply be restored, as there were still prophecies that had yet to be fulfilled through him. Again, not evil.

As for Satan, ooh, all he did was create the first lie and cause humans to lose the best gift they had. Yeah, you're right, that's not evil at all. :rolleyes:

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And that's without even getting into things like his flood holocaust, where almost the entire planet, men, women, children, babies,puppies, kittens, was drowned to death, something which is now celebrated in Sunday Schools as a cute childrens story about rainbows and doves. And turning someone to salt for looking over their shoulder. And telling someone to kill their son and then saying "LOL jk". What has Satan done which is anywhere near as evil as the acts of Biblegod? Oh, he punishes evil people in hell? Huh, I thought punishing evil people was a good thing? God does it all the time. He's punishing me right now because of something my great, great [...] great, great grandmother did when he tempted her with the forbidden fruit he made.

Qpkmh.png

Reactions: 1 person

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He has the ability to foretell the future (which he doesn't use all the time), but this isn't the same as all-knowing. If he knew exactly how everything would play out, that wouldn't say much about our free will now, would it? (Oh, and torture is something he never does.)
The free will argument is just complete and utter nonsense, you say that god gave us free will so that we could choose our own path in life, but when in heaven god takes away this free will. In heaven we cant pick or choose what we want to do, or choose who to love, our only purpose there is to worship this god like mindless zombies and without question. I would like if you could to explain, why in life would god gives us free will, but when in death take it away?

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The free will argument is just complete and utter nonsense, you say that god gave us free will so that we could choose our own path in life, but when in heaven god takes away this free will. In heaven we cant pick or choose what we want to do, or choose who to love, our only purpose there is to worship this god like mindless zombies and without question. I would like if you could to explain, why in life would god gives us free will, but when in death take it away?
When someone dies they don't have any will...because they're dead. :unsure:

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What a cop out.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What a cop out.
Would you have me make something up to appease you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: