implicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have an original Wii that was shipped that hasn't been used in a while. The last update was Super Smash Brothers Brawl: System Menu 3.1U IOS36. I've never installed the Homebrew Channel or any other executable WAD.

I want to update my Wii so that I can play new games, but I'm concerned that I'll lose the ability to install homebrew and play my Gamecube and Wii backups (but mostly my Gamecube backups
wink.gif
).

The last time I was up-to-date in the scene was when a custom IOS was conceptual. Now, I see much has changed, and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

What should I do to safely upgrade my Wii so that I may still play new games but retain the ability to play Gamecube and Wii backups and install homebrew?

I'll return to this thread frequently, so please ask anything you think is important that I haven't provided here. I'll have questions about what you're telling me to do so I fully understand what I'm doing. Thanks for your personalized help, Doctor.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can install every WAD IOS for the new system menu's and stuff, just first install cIOS38 rev14 and install every IOS under 200 to their latest version.

That'll start you off well.

Except one thing. Don't update any IOS that ends in 0 past their second to last version (except IOS70). This is because they stub these IOS's when the system menu's that use them are outdated, so this would brick your Wii if you updated IOS30.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
implicit said:
xzxero said:
you know i tell people right on the guide to read the noob starter guide before following the instructions?

i mean its only in size 6
I saw NOOB PARADISE 'cause it was in all caps, not Noob Starter Guide. I will return when I've read that.
and you say you were reading..more like skimming.
anyways, im pretty sure youll feel confident after reading that.

implicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Then it modifies that wad of the IOS and patches it with the revision of the dip module of that cIOS.
In other words, the official IOS is patched with code that enables the Trucha bug and enables DVD-Rs to be read, correct?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
implicit said:
QUOTE said:
Then it modifies that wad of the IOS and patches it with the revision of the dip module of that cIOS.
In other words, the official IOS is patched with code that enables the Trucha bug and enables DVD-Rs to be read, correct?
Mostly. The first part is true, the second isn't quite right...only because it's more like it's adding code rather than patching anything (IIRC the dip module is added in rather than something that was already there).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.