ROM Hack Shinning Force Feather question?

Frostic12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I was wondering if Shinning Force Feather was going to be continued to be translated. ( Would be a great game to translate and play my personal opinion)

Thanks in Advance btw
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
nds.gif
bow.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Shining Force Feather is actually the one of the best rpgs on DS, it makes no sense that no one has ever wanted to do it. But I mean what can you do? Some things just must be under-appreciated.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frostic12 said:
Hello I was wondering if Shinning Force Feather was going to be continued to be translated. ( Would be a great game to translate and play my personal opinion)

Thanks in Advance btw
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
nds.gif
bow.gif

Until further news, I don't believe it's being translated right now. Sorry about that.

These are a couple of issues romhackers ran into with the game.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=136...l=Shining+Force
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...l=Shining+Force
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206...l=Shining+Force

QUOTE(727 @ Jul 10 2011, 01:31 AM) Yeah Shining Force Feather is actually the one of the best rpgs on DS, it makes no sense that no one has ever wanted to do it. But I mean what can you do? Some things just must be under-appreciated.

The font for this game is extremely complicated and if I recall, needed ASM hacking. It's not about the game being "under appreciated", but sure, since it's your opinion, continue thinking every romhacker that doesn't do what YOU want is under appreciating the game. You seem to think romhacking and translating is one of the easiest things in the world, so feel free to do it yourself so the game is appreciated.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As PhoenixGodess27 said... It's not because a game is not translated that it isn't translated...
I love this game but a while ago I wasn't able to do it and now even if I know more about all that stuff I lack time... but one day I'll do it if no one wants.

Frostic12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much appreciated for the 3 people who post some information on the (Thank you). So I guess now my second question would be is the software for ASM hacking and possibly a full Shinning Force game script if possible.

Thanks in advance
laugh.gif
bow.gif
nds.gif
yaynds.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
727 said:
Yeah Shining Force Feather is actually the one of the best rpgs on DS, it makes no sense that no one has ever wanted to do it. But I mean what can you do? Some things just must be under-appreciated.
They don't feel like gong through the trouble.

I think that's sense enough.

On Topic: I son't think anyone can provide a full script at this point in time.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
727 said:

It's more like the script would mean absolutely nothing without the font getting changed. Without ASM hacking(I believe the issue was VWF, but I could be wrong), nothing can be done. ASM hacking is extremely hard, which is why only a handful of romhackers know it and sometimes even they have issues.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
phoenixgoddess27 said:
machomuu said:
727 said:

It's more like the script would mean absolutely nothing without the font getting changed. Without ASM hacking(I believe the issue was VWF, but I could be wrong), nothing can be done. ASM hacking is extremely hard, which is why only a handful of romhackers know it and sometimes even they have issues.

The draw character routine looks like its upscaling the font from a 1bpp font to a 4bpp. You could potentially rewrite the entire routine or expand it. Either way it will take a fair amount of aseembly knowledge aswell as a good grasp of the gba/nds graphics system.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
The draw character routine looks like its upscaling the font from a 1bpp font to a 4bpp. You could potentially rewrite the entire routine or expand it. Either way it will take a fair amount of aseembly knowledge aswell as a good grasp of the gba/nds graphics system.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the input, Normmatt.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean any offense nor did I know that it was such a difficult project. I would wish you would be less sensitive and more understanding of different opinions.

I simply meant to agree that it was a great game and display curiosity about why it was never done. I never demanded anything.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
727 said:
I didn't mean any offense nor did I know that it was such a difficult project. I would wish you would be less sensitive and more understanding of different opinions.

I simply meant to agree that it was a great game and display curiosity about why it was never done. I never demanded anything.
...Lazy, Who are you referring to? I recommend that you start quoting people, because I almost never know who you're referring to.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to people in general. I feel like people may misunderstand my opinion. My opinion is just that, an opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right but I always have a reason, even when I'm wrong, I follow logic. When I say that a game merits a translation, I don't mean to exonerate, I mean to showcase it's quality in hope that someone may play it and change their minds. Some people see this as disrespect but I see it as a difference of opinion, we should respect our individual minds, not fight when we disagree but grow from it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
727 said:
Just to people in general. I feel like people may misunderstand my opinion. My opinion is just that, an opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right but I always have a reason, even when I'm wrong, I follow logic. When I say that a game merits a translation, I don't mean to exonerate, I mean to showcase it's quality in hope that someone may play it and change their minds. Some people see this as disrespect but I see it as a difference of opinion, we should respect our individual minds, not fight when we disagree but grow from it.
I don't think anyone's disrespecting/disregarding your opinion, but rather you are perceiving in a way it is not meant to be (and I'm pretty sure that's the case after rereading through all of the posts).

That is all.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think I was reported for my earlier post in this thread so I wanted to let people see my side of the coin before they judge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o