Shenit

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by link500, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010

Shenit by link500 at 8:58 AM (857 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. link500
    OP

Newcomer link500 Newbie

United States
    I was hoping to get and acekard 2i as well as what appears to be cheap hori screen protectors.

http://www.shenit.com/screen-protector-for...ginal-hori.html
    http://www.shenit.com/acekard-2i-ak2i-ak-2i-for-dsi.html

Can anyone tell me if this is a legit place? I know there are a couple other US based sellers that are good, but I was hoping to just order from one place and get some hopefully real hori screen protectors with my card. If not could you recommend a place that sells an acekard and/or sells legit hori screen protectors. Thanks.

I feel a little dumb for asking but are the hori screen protectors really just 8bucks at shoptemp and these are the real deal?
    http://shoptemp.com/products/Official-Hori...ctors-p-64.html

Sorry if I sound distrusting, I've had a couple bad online shopping experiences.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Shoptemp is gbatemp's official store-site-thing, and sells the acekard 2i a bit cheaper than there. Seeing as they're the site for this forum, they don't deal in defective cards, any 2i you get from here will be legit.

As far as the screen protectors, I've no clue on those, sorry.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't touch SHENIT with a barge pole. They have a VeriSign logo on their website, when you click on it it's meant to take to to the VeriSign website. In their case it doesn't, it you try to verify it manually https://sealinfo.verisign.com/splash?form_f...COM&lang=en Same goes for the Mcaffee logo which isn't even the one Mcafee uses anymore, don't trust them.

They are in HK (Like ShopTemp) not the US, aren't exactly cheap and have no feedback on here.

4. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    You're right, they do have the VeriSign.

Their website is so bare, as well, it doesn't seem very trustful.

I'd stick with ShopTemp if I were you, so much more to offer at such a cheaper price. (not to mention safer)

5. naruses

Member naruses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Im glad to know you are not a noob asking for an R4 and made research and picked an Acekard 2i, which is one of the best flash carts which gets constant updates from the AKAIO team, and on top of that it works with 1.4 update, so go here: Acekard 2i from ShopTemp this is GBATemp official shop website in which you will get an excellent customer service. Believe you will not be dissapointed with ShopTemp.
    You may also want to try the SuperCard DSTWO the new flashcart which includes: Almost perfect DS Roms Compability, RTS(so you can save the game whenever you want and then continue it there), In Game Guide(to be able to open walkthroughs, game guides and more), In Game Cheat(be able to use cheats while on game, Stylish GUI, and an antipiracy patch database, a GameBoy Advance Emulator.Also in future releases(which the team Promised): DivX/Xvid movie playback(which will accept many formats like .avi,.divx,.xvid, and many more instead of the troublesome .DPG video format which most flashcards just accept), Snes Emulation, and many more. And it also comes preflashed for 1.4.

PS: If buying an Acekard 2i put the AKAIO firmware, find it on GBATemp.net on the downloads Section, AKAIO is the best firmware avaible for the Acekard 2i.

Also, when your Acekard arrives(if you order it) follow this guide: Acekard 2i Guide Made by TK Saturn Made by TK Saturn to set up your acekard with the latest firmwares and update it so that it works with 1.4 update.

If you do not have an friend DS, DS lite or a DSi (on 1.3 firmware) a friend with one you may want to order in shoptemp a micro SD Card and Premium Update+Flashing Service so that it is ready to play outta the box.

6. link500
    OP

Newcomer link500 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the tips, I'll be getting the acekards from shoptemp then. I'm guessing since you all trust the site they probably have the real hori's as well. I was tempted by the supercard, but I feel like its cheating a little to use real time save (lol), and I don't really need the gba emulator. Thanks again.