Hacking Sharing Secureinfo_A between two devices?

suparnemo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a JP region N3DS, and I would like to swap regions so that I have the console in English. I have a US region N3DS XL that is on CFW and works great. My question is, could I share a Secureinfo_A between the two consoles? (Share the entire secure info including serial?).

I assume I'd have to keep the consoles from going online at the same time most likely, although going online from the same IP might not be as big of a deal?

Is there a risk of brick/ban this way?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a JP region N3DS, and I would like to swap regions so that I have the console in English. I have a US region N3DS XL that is on CFW and works great. My question is, could I share a Secureinfo_A between the two consoles? (Share the entire secure info including serial?).

I assume I'd have to keep the consoles from going online at the same time most likely, although going online from the same IP might not be as big of a deal?

Is there a risk of brick/ban this way?
Will be banned.

suparnemo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A proper secure info a that has never been online should bypass the n3ds only issue.

That's where my confusion comes in, my N3DS has been online for a game update I believe but I've never used the eShop application. I assume this still means I have been online though.

Does this mean even if I modify the N3DS's serial to match the N3DS XL, would I still risk a ban? They would also be on the same IP and not online at the same time.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's where my confusion comes in, my N3DS has been online for a game update I believe but I've never used the eShop application. I assume this still means I have been online though.

Does this mean even if I modify the N3DS's serial to match the N3DS XL, would I still risk a ban? They would also be on the same IP and not online at the same time.
Ban.

Reactions: suparnemo

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well you could find donor secure_info a from that iso site and according to @vb_encryption_vb it should be good as long as it hasn't been online (which those donor ones have not been)

suparnemo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you could find donor secure_info a from that iso site and according to @vb_encryption_vb it should be good as long as it hasn't been online (which those donor ones have not been)

The issue there would be that multiple would use these donor files, and that would pose an issue. It would be similar to using my own multiple times I believe.

suparnemo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is far more to it as well. @Ronhero has done it before, you need to use NTR debug as well to change some things around. Look for his posting about it.

Seems like he unfortunately has not been active in months, and never got around to posting his guide from what I can see. I'll continue to dig through posts and see what I can find.

EDIT: I think I might have found some relevant information posted by him.

Last edited by suparnemo,

suparnemo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He just gathered info from various guides and made it work. So it it possible, just a lot of work.

Right, seems like it. I'll keep looking and maybe get it working. I'm not too concerned if it doesn't, but it would be worth the effort.

edit: Also, it is possible to modify serial #'s on A9LH Luma/Would serials be only changed/remapped in cfw or can I write them to the system somehow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning