Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow LAG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see what you mean now on the link, but as I said I am not working with the Wii nand.

Also I did not desolder my eMMC the picture on the left is from wiiubrew.org, I am not intending to remove the eMMC. However I might be leaning that way since I have less than a quarter of mm left of trace due to using cheap utilities from radioshack which busted off the R30 resistor along with the trace leading under the eMMC.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I have a method yes, unlike eMMC reading I haven't tested it yet but I do have the pinout. It should be relatively easy to access without a hyper visor during boot time.

so do you think it would be possible to create codes as like as we do it with the usb gecko and wiird (dumping the memory while a game is freezed, unfreezing the game when the dump has been completed, poking changed codes back to the ram and so on)?

Shadow LAG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've attempted to solder to the trace multiple times as we discussed in the PM. This usually ends in a cold solder joint. Unfortunately even if I was able to solder to it now I couldn't check continuity as it is too small for even a multimeter. I've followed up your PM with the situations. As of right now a buddy and I drew out schematics using the BGA diagram as a base. We believe we have found all points and all resistance values pertaining to the eMMC sadly there are no alternative points minus the ones I have discovered but this happens BEFORE the trace. Unfortunately underneath the trace is just a ground plate and no other layers except for the underside which has no accessible through hole. Picture of diagram coming soon. I can still finish documenting the eMMC and show the method I was able to read from before which is a SAFE method however as far as any other testing I will need to replace the WiiU which I should still make with in good time which shouldn't offset the full eMMC disclosure more than a week at most. Bare paint has 55ohm resistance which may eliminate the need for any protection methods needed for the card reader. However I have not had a chance to test this with the dual boot solution as the resistance may be too high paired with the 33ohm resistors which seem to have a high tolerance level and thus may need to be around the 33 ohm mark almost to the T.

Shadow LAG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not so much I made a mistake as I used cheap tools from radioshack, I was not anticipating a SMD dual layered board. However I went and picked up my old tools from my last job to ensure that I have a good shot at repair after trying to close the barn doors when the horses are out. Keep in mind everyone that there will be no risk of this happening to you via the alternate method I found. This happened because I was trying to find comparable hardware for a replacement as through hole resistors which will help in my other projects as well as accurately stressing the resistance values for a safe public method that will pose no risk to the contents of the eMMC or the eMMC chip itself as far as voltage. Unfortunately the clamp I was using from radioshack was spring locked which was not defined by the product which lead to the removal of pad and trace. At the very least this could serve as a positive being that I could remove the BGA and do a full sd card replacement as the other BGA points are not required by an SD Card or micro SD in an SD card adapter as they serve as a ground for the eMMC with capacitors connecting it to a ground (which will also be found in my diagram). However the resistors may be required to protect the adapter from pulling to high, this bridge I will again cross when needed. Everything is still on schedule I am just facing a few alternatives on my end which doesn't affect disclosure or research other than non-eMMC related experimental testing I.e. memory editing.

Also providing debugging of said WiiU system, for instance "freezing" the system will solely depend on the finding of executable memory command that will launch a break point and full dump otherwise it will need to be emulated which I will pass off to my old team or if capable the coders from vwii 3-core team.

Shadow LAG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately the eMMC NAND is encrypted. Therefor if I dumped mine, it really wouldn't be useful to play with, as of right now the only thing I am working towards is mapping the WiiU schematics, exploit points and potentials, and of course sharing my information. The information I share will be useful for you (yourself) to dump your NAND and backup your WiiU using a fast, safe, and affordable method.

First post updated*

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold the phone! What's the SD card all about? Doesn't look like it's in a position that is user accessible.

Shadow LAG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is there as a test point, you could just run the wire outside through the side panel to be user accessible.

Ninja_Carver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see that Fail0verflow? You are just delaying the inevitable if you really did have an exploit. Another person/team will be credited for releasing the first WiiU exploit

this makes lol so hard. this community manages to map out the nand.... meanwhile.... f0f has owned the entire system no more than a week after launch.
credit is already with them, because NONE OF THIS would be possible without their help. All you do by posting this crap is create a larger rift between these forums and the members of f0f. You must realize they ALREADY don't like you. Maybe if they did, we wouldn't be here in the first place. So give 'em a nod, acknowledge their expertise in this field, and thank them for giving us what they have already, because without any of that we'd still be at square 1. smh...

Reactions: [Truth]

Oshtoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this makes lol so hard. this community manages to map out the nand.... meanwhile.... f0f has owned the entire system no more than a week after launch.
credit is already with them, because NONE OF THIS would be possible without their help. All you do by posting this crap is create a larger rift between these forums and the members of f0f. You must realize they ALREADY don't like you. Maybe if they did, we wouldn't be here in the first place. So give 'em a nod, acknowledge their expertise in this field, and thank them for giving us what they have already, because without any of that we'd still be at square 1. smh...

Yeah! Let's thank them for shitting on us!

Seriously, no one needs them. If they don't want to release their notes, someone else will make their own and release theirs. Everything they've posted so far about the Wii U has been "Yeah, we got this shit. You don't. Nanny nanny boo boo, here's a big 'Fuck you.'" The only thing they've helped with is the tri-core vWii crap, which wouldn't be needed if they weren't acting as if they were such head-in-the-cloud angels to begin with, and just released their hacking notes.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously, no one needs them. If they don't want to release their notes, someone else will make their own and release theirs. Everything they've posted so far about the Wii U has been "Yeah, we got this shit. You don't. Nanny nanny boo boo, here's a big 'Fuck you.'" The only thing they've helped with is the tri-core vWii crap, which wouldn't be needed if they weren't acting as if they were such head-in-the-cloud angels to begin with, and just released their hacking notes.

I want the Wii U to have success and I highly doubt anyone flamed f0f as I did. Times change, views change. Tri-core began after f0f blog post on the racing attack. A hint given that if that is completed they (f0f) may release more.

Ukey is working on their project(s), and while there is an SDK the tri-core is thought of as a dev environment (last I knew, if I knew correctly). If you release a hack/exploit, it gets patched. So it makes no sense UNLESS you can get in, and stay in. I've argued to be able to take 360 approach (hacked dash, disable updates, build from there). Still, without a dev environment/sdk this is useless (from what I was told). Release info and Nintendo will patch it (likely). This here seems to be about raw read/write. That is not decrypting nand, not getting any keys, not modifying the nand, etc. There is a lot of information that people do not know that f0f does (checks, security, etc). It COULD be you can simply read nand, mod it, re-write it, and like a rooted/unlocked phone you can run what you want. Or, it could check the nand and not let it boot.

So, from somebody who railed against f0f (and apologized on twitter then turned from this flaming I did), there is always a bigger picture. It also makes HUGE sense to let Wii U get going first instead of putting a nail in the coffin (maybe last nail). Wii U is not tremendously interesting as f0f said. As it is, if you want piracy, buy a Ukey when it is released. Homebrew likely to come from tri-core project (especially if more hardware access is given, like Wii U ram access, GPU, etc). Only Marcan and co. know this. This here, now, is a way to restore a bricked Wii U (assuming you read your nand before it crashed). NOT sure if you could flash ANY mamd/emmc image as typically more is needed for this (more details, more hacking depth is needed). If you could decrypt a nand then in THEORY you could "put back" what you broke. Like if you mess up an iso. As it is, nobody is in public modding a Wii U file/ios.

This is not sarcasm, and anyone who knows my rants knows (hopefully) that I have indeed seen the larger picture. No need to insult, and there is interest in Wii U now. Relax, wait, you might be surprised;-)

Ninja_Carver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe you should head back and read their blog. The 3core Linux stuff will run with almost no modification on the WiiU. So guess what? The work we're doing now is far from useless. As it will build the framework for homebrew on the WiiU.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<snip> Back to topic, waiting to see if shadow kept working or took a break. OR, kept working but nothing noteworthy to report.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not a believer but think he could do something after his poste about what he has done !
Post about "crypted eMMC" tics me... (everyone could think of that...)
Till he updated the thread with copy/paste of datasheet I gave him ....
But saw it lately...
Gave him others informations (those I posted on trinux thread) and other on kernel drivers saw on Samsung phone hacks...
Invite on demand (with dated datas...) ...
Really disappointed...
Think that he never really works on it (everything is a copy of somewhere else except the sofa picture where nothing seems to be done with a simple wii u disassemble...)

I will apologies if I'm mistaken ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.