OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I have discovered that the SFC EMU will freeze when trying to open a directory with more than 255 files. Once the 256th file is introduced the directory will freeze.

Would some people be so kind as to test this for me? I would just like confirmation that this is happening to others and that it isn't specific to my testing circumstances.

Thank you,
-Another World

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
I have discovered that the SFC EMU will freeze when trying to open a directory with more than 255 files. Once the 256th file is introduced the directory will freeze.

Would some people be so kind as to test this for me? I would just like confirmation that this is happening to others and that it isn't specific to my testing circumstances.

Thank you,
-Another World

Very, very strange...I remember somebody who had reviewed the SNES emu saying that he dumped the entire goodset and it scrolled fine...

Ah, yes, here on the temp itself:

DSTWOSFC EMU REVIEWNew, Return & Restart

Along the bottom of the menu are three additional options, 'New', 'Return' and 'Restart'. The 'New' option is where you load your games. The games are automatically sorted in alphabetical order. Just for fun I dumped the entire SNES collection on a microSD (it's under 3GB), and there was no noticeable delay in scrolling through the ROM list.

that was 1.0...wonder why this would be changed in 1.5?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try it, but I think this was fixed in the last update. I remember it getting mind-bogglingly slow with around 200 files, but the 1.08 fixed that completely.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Another World,

I was coming here to ask a question regarding this, I separated my SFC ROMs into four folders, A-G, H-M, N-S, & T-Z, because it would freeze whenever I tried to load a folder with all them in it at once.

After I did this, I could access A-G, H-M, & T-Z, but never N-S, it would always freeze.

So I came here to ask why, when I saw your post, and I checked the file count, 277.

I then split this folder into two parts, N-P and Q-S, and tested it out again.

It works!

p.s, I just got my SCDSTwo in yesterday.

edit: This is not the same for the GBA emulator, as I have well over 255 files in the same folder & it has never crashed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5