Setting up Wiikey v2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dnmn8r, Nov 22, 2008.

Nov 22, 2008

Setting up Wiikey v2 by dnmn8r at 10:30 AM (1,217 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. dnmn8r
    OP

Member dnmn8r GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well, the reason I'm ordering a wiikey v2 is because firstly i set the region settings on my wii to ntsc (from pal) using wiiregionfree in HBC. Don't know why I did it, but i did. I then formatted my wii to see if that would set it back to normal, and that didn't it just deleted hbc. I now have a wii that to my knowledge will only read ntsc discs (although i haven't actually tried, as I'm in Australia).

So my question is when i install my wiikey and I'm supposed to insert a disc from my own region do i put in Pal or NTSC and what happens if i put the incorrect one in.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. fishears

Member fishears fishears

United Kingdom
    from what i understand you need to put in a util disk (that you download from wiikey site) and that lets you configure things like region. But you need to download the disk image for your Wii's region - so you need to find out what region your wii is set to before you proceed.... or you could probably just burn both a pal and an ntsc util disk and try both... someone else might be able to confirm if that would work but i don't see why not.

3. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Since you want your final wii to be able to read ntsc copies, you should put an original ntsc disc after installation I guess...

By the way wiikey2 different from wiikey doesn't have a region selection option in the configuration disc. It's said to be automatic hence the original disc stuff...

4. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    I actually want my wii to read pal discs, as it doesnt even read original pals now because of the settings i changed. So i put in the disc i want to play or the one my wii is configured to?

5. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    What is happening here, is that your wii will now only accept discs from the NTSC region, but your chip is over-riding the region of every disc as PAL - so every disc is being rejected!

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to fix it... is the wiikey2 config disc a gamecube disc? Maybe GCN will still work? :S and you can go in there and turn off region override or something.

6. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    I havn't installed the chip yet. I'm hoping the chip will allow me to play my PAL games again, as i accidently set my wii to ntsc. Although my wii is not set to an ntsc wii, i want to play pal games. Do i insert a pal or ntsc disc first. and with the config disc do i get a pal(euro) or ntsc (USA) disc?

7. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    *cough*bump*cough*
    fingers slipt..

8. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Oh right, I get it now...

It will, if you put an original NTSC disc in it first - to set the override region to be NTSC.

There may be another way... maybe if you use the NTSC config disc or something - I'm not really sure. My wasabi just has jumpers to set the region with.

9. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    anybody want to confirm?

10. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    can anybody help?/??/

11. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    anybody at all?

12. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Don't worry nothing bad will happen... at least you don't have to mess with the need to be soldered jumpers which is the case for d2ckey and similar chips...

Well now the problem is, could you tell more about your configuration
    1. What is the system menu installed? (3.2 ntsc / 3.2 pal / 3.3 ntsc / 3.3 pal)
    2. You say you changed the region settings with anyregion changer, game region/wii region, what are those configured to?