Setting up Wii for Kids

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sweany, Dec 11, 2009.

Dec 11, 2009

Setting up Wii for Kids by sweany at 8:35 PM (783 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. sweany
    OP

Newcomer sweany Member

United Kingdom
    Hi

Im setting up the Kids with a wii for Christmas. It is already softmodded and im wondering what would the best way to set it up so they cant delete and be touching things they shouldnt.

Anyone got any good suggestions on the way to go ?

Thanks

Sweany

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    it depends on what you think they shouldnt be touching. it you want to let them use homebrew, keep all the apps that say "this may brick your wii" on a different SD card so they cant access it. in fact, anything with a disclaimer.

you can also install forwarder channels to whatever you want on the wii menu to make it easier for them to get at what they want without going through hbc.

3. sweany
    OP

Newcomer sweany Member

United Kingdom
    Basically i dont want them touching the seetings or deleting things i.e games from the hdd, homebrew apps.

Not been keeping up with wii scene, not heard of forwarding. Will have to have a read up on that one cheers [​IMG]

4. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    run the system menu on IOS249 in pre/priiloader and it won't let you access the settings.

All you have to do to access the settings is run preloader and change the IOS back to the correct IOS for that system menu IOS60 for 4.0 + 4.1 and IOS70 on 4.2

5. ginkster

Newcomer ginkster Member

United Kingdom
    hi buddy

1st Just move the homebrew channel as far right as you can (3rd page across) i think so its well out of sight. Thats if you have the homebrew channel that is you should have if its bin softmodded.

2nd enable parental controls so they cant 'accidentally' update the wii that is if the wii is connected to internet if not dont bother.

3rd dont leave the sd card in the sd slot with all the apps on it.

O and if you have CIOSCORP installed so you can load discs through the main disc channel make sure you have preloader installed and enable the skip disc update hack. If you havent got CIOSCORP installed and are running the games through neogamma or a usb hard drive then ignore this step.

And I would strongly recommend that you Have bootmii and preloader installed and make a nand backup just incase the kids do find a way of messing with the wii.

Ginkster