Hacking Setting up Wii for Kids

sweany

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Im setting up the Kids with a wii for Christmas. It is already softmodded and im wondering what would the best way to set it up so they cant delete and be touching things they shouldnt.

Anyone got any good suggestions on the way to go ?

Thanks

Sweany

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on what you think they shouldnt be touching. it you want to let them use homebrew, keep all the apps that say "this may brick your wii" on a different SD card so they cant access it. in fact, anything with a disclaimer.

you can also install forwarder channels to whatever you want on the wii menu to make it easier for them to get at what they want without going through hbc.

sweany

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically i dont want them touching the seetings or deleting things i.e games from the hdd, homebrew apps.

Not been keeping up with wii scene, not heard of forwarding. Will have to have a read up on that one cheers
wink.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
run the system menu on IOS249 in pre/priiloader and it won't let you access the settings.

All you have to do to access the settings is run preloader and change the IOS back to the correct IOS for that system menu IOS60 for 4.0 + 4.1 and IOS70 on 4.2

ginkster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi buddy

1st Just move the homebrew channel as far right as you can (3rd page across) i think so its well out of sight. Thats if you have the homebrew channel that is you should have if its bin softmodded.

2nd enable parental controls so they cant 'accidentally' update the wii that is if the wii is connected to internet if not dont bother.

3rd dont leave the sd card in the sd slot with all the apps on it.

O and if you have CIOSCORP installed so you can load discs through the main disc channel make sure you have preloader installed and enable the skip disc update hack. If you havent got CIOSCORP installed and are running the games through neogamma or a usb hard drive then ignore this step.

And I would strongly recommend that you Have bootmii and preloader installed and make a nand backup just incase the kids do find a way of messing with the wii.

Ginkster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2