Setting Up StellaDS problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Xarsah16, Jul 1, 2010.

Jul 1, 2010

Setting Up StellaDS problems by Xarsah16 at 9:38 PM (1,612 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Xarsah16
    OP

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

I'm running an Acekard2i with the latest 1.7 AKAIO firmware, on a DSi.

I'm trying to set up StellaDS .71 but I'm having problems. Here are the directories on my card. (Each console has a separate folder)
    MicroSD Card --> Games --> Atari 2600, DS, GB and GBC, NES

In the Atari 2600 folder, I have two items - atarids.nds and the stellads folder with .bin files (those are supposed to be the ROMs if I'm not mistaken.)

When I am looking at the atarids.nds file, it shows up on my DS's screen as "DS Program File" with a generic DS icon. When I load it, I see two black screens. The upper one is empty, and the lower one has white text. It says:

"StellaDS 0.7

Ported By TheChuckster
    thechuckster.homelinux.com
    -2 ROMs detected.

(null)"

None of the buttons on my DS are responsive on this screen. All I did was unpack everything and throw additional .bin files into the stellaDS folder. It's telling me -2 ROMs detected when there should be 17.

I downloaded StellaDS from here: http://filetrip.net/g25122712-Stella.html (It already has some public domain ROMs included to try out.)

What am I doing wrong?

2. Xarsah16
    OP

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

I got it working - I found in someone's comment somewhere that the program must be in the root of the memory card.

I am quite bummed that the team stopped updating because Solar Fox isn't working properly [​IMG]

And oops, didn't mean to double post, but this topic can be closed now.