Setting Up StellaDS problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Xarsah16, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Xarsah16
    OP

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I'm running an Acekard2i with the latest 1.7 AKAIO firmware, on a DSi.

I'm trying to set up StellaDS .71 but I'm having problems. Here are the directories on my card. (Each console has a separate folder)
    MicroSD Card --> Games --> Atari 2600, DS, GB and GBC, NES

In the Atari 2600 folder, I have two items - atarids.nds and the stellads folder with .bin files (those are supposed to be the ROMs if I'm not mistaken.)

When I am looking at the atarids.nds file, it shows up on my DS's screen as "DS Program File" with a generic DS icon. When I load it, I see two black screens. The upper one is empty, and the lower one has white text. It says:

"StellaDS 0.7

Ported By TheChuckster
    thechuckster.homelinux.com
    -2 ROMs detected.

(null)"

None of the buttons on my DS are responsive on this screen. All I did was unpack everything and throw additional .bin files into the stellaDS folder. It's telling me -2 ROMs detected when there should be 17.

I downloaded StellaDS from here: http://filetrip.net/g25122712-Stella.html (It already has some public domain ROMs included to try out.)

What am I doing wrong?

2. Xarsah16
    OP

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    I got it working - I found in someone's comment somewhere that the program must be in the root of the memory card.

I am quite bummed that the team stopped updating because Solar Fox isn't working properly [​IMG]

And oops, didn't mean to double post, but this topic can be closed now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice