setting up luma again after broken sd card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GolfDude, Aug 2, 2018.

1. GolfDude
    OP

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    i have a new 3ds and luma 3ds was already installed.. however, i ran out of sd card space, and when i went to transfer the data, the sd card snapped in half, rendering it useless, so now i have to start over with a new sd card..

now i already have had luma set up , so if i boot up with no sd card and hold select i can access the luma config settings, but my question is , where in the 3ds hack guide do i start in terms of setting my new sd card up so i can actually get back into luma

2. adrienabadie

adrienabadie Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    Venezuela
    Format the new SD card in FAT32 + (32768) 32 KB cluster size using guiformat
    Download the newest boot.firm and copy it to the root of the new sd card here
    Then continue with Finalizing Setup

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  3. GolfDude
    OP

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    hmm i seem to be running into a strange issue now.. i was able to boot back in with a new card.. but then after the system rebooted, it wouldnt boot up again, and when i put my sd card in my pc, it appears the 3ds corrupted the sd card and needs a complete format again.. but this is the 2nd time its corrupted the card while i was trying to get it back up and running.. could this be a reader issue on the system itself?

4. adrienabadie

adrienabadie Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    Venezuela
    Something like that happened to me a few months ago. It turned out to be the adapter (I deduced it had to be, because it happened multiple times with 3 different sd cards, and on two completely different computers) But to be completely sure the first thing you should do is check your sd card with H2testw by doing a full write+verify (The sd card must be empty). Try doing the test with a different adapter (if you use one) if you can too.