MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,
I've been noticing some problems on my laptop lately. It's on Windows 10 (64-bit) and when I open the task manager, my CPU usage is always over 30% even when completely idle. This is apparently due to a service called Time Broker taking up an immense amount of the CPU usage (between 29 to 37%). I've tried googling this problem but could only find people referencing the service Runtime Broker instead of just Time Broker.
Does anyone know anything I could try to fix this? I've re-installed Windows at the start of September and there's barely any programs installed on it, since I basically only use my laptop for Office, Spotify, Netflix and some emulators.

Would really appreciate some help, cheers!

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im wondering if its a messed update or a trojan dressed as the time broker service. that server should not be using the cpu as much as you describe. In my experience with 10, it updates so much and you cant stop the updates that it seems to F up things. alot of clients computers i serviced were because of a bad update. It like you have to use 24/7 drive imaging software in case it messes up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2