Hacking Seperating Emunand and sysnand?

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, I remember reading something about Formatting one of them via the 3DS system menu, forcing the Nands to think they're two separate consoles.
I could be wrong, so I'd wait for confirmation before doing anything.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guide is profoundly important as the decisions you make have consequences regarding game saves and cart compatibility. If you don't understand what to do next,nrer ad the guide maybe post what you want to accomplish with your set up. Especially in regards to any existing retail carts you have and if you want to continue using the saves contained on them.

askara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i have zelda OoT/ virtual last reward and FEawakening retail cart. the only save i want to keep/use is FEawkening (on last level), i have no DLC/friend/streetpass/eshop game or what ever for them. Its fine as long i can keep playing game with gateway normally and install DLC .cia.

actually Does it mean if i dont plan on playing with retail cart games again i can ignore this guide?

Here is my understanding correct me if i am wrong. the OFW(sysnand) and Gateway(emunand) both save to the SD card. and since they both save to the same folder/file. they overwrite each other depending on who is used last.

what i dont get is this

But don't do that yet. First you need to create a NAND backup and an EmuNAND backup.
You can make a NAND backup from the Gateway launcher, and you can make an EmuNAND
backup by using EmuNAND Tool.

i have done this step fine but what is the next step? i backup my sysnand when i first launch gateway. and i think i backed up my emunand when i updated to 9.4. so what do i need to do next? and how to you system format emunand?

You're going to want to keep this EmuNAND backup (one of a fresh copy of your NAND),
as well as a backup of a freshly formatted (using System Format, that is) EmuNAND,
as well as a "recent" backup of your EmuNAND.

To continue using retail cart save of FEawakening. can i just use gateway to back up my game and load it with gateway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.