Sensor bar help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Samnitmar, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008

Sensor bar help by Samnitmar at 3:43 AM (684 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Samnitmar
    OP

Newcomer Samnitmar Advanced Member

United States
    I broke mine (Cut the wire into two) and can't get it to work. Any way to run it using batteries?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    How would batteries fix the problem? If you cut the wire in two then you couldn't connect it to the Wii.

Just order a replacement from Nintendo.

3. Samnitmar
    OP

United States
    You do know the sensor bar doesn't send or recieve data from the wii, it just takes in power. Have you seen how people use flashlights and candles instead of sensor bars? I've been using flashlights, but I'm sick of having to change their batteries that drain really fast >.>

4. spectral

spectral Newbie

Its probably possible to wire up a battery to the sensor bar but really what is the point? You can buy a replacement for fairly cheap, is it really worth the hassle messing about? If you want to run one off batteries why not buy one of the 3rd party wireless sensor bars?

5. Samnitmar
    OP

United States
    I'll consider buying a 3rd party one from a local retailer, but I have no patience when waiting for something from Nintendo. I guess I really shouldn't mess around with this stuff. Thanks [​IMG]