Hacking Sending System information to nintendo.

Faize00

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
20
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Philippines
XP
70
Country
United States
So i already updated my 3DS and what i got a notice about automatic download software. So i went to System settings>internet options>SpotPass.
Then i saw the system information. By turning this on, your 3DS will send your system information.

So what bothers me is that, By turning this off, doesnt mean that nintendo doest know a thing about what youre doing on your 3DS?

does this mean that you can pirate your 3DS without the worry of being banned from online services?

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif
 

NinjaxFoote

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
28
Trophies
0
XP
143
Country
United States
I'm bumping this, this is interesting. (Haven't updated yet, waiting for DSTWO firmware)
If we ban together and not send any system information, Nintendo will have less information on the exploits that may come in the future!
biggrin.gif
 

Wintrale

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
713
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Kent, England
XP
209
Country
NinjaxFoote said:
I'm bumping this, this is interesting. (Haven't updated yet, waiting for DSTWO firmware)
If we ban together and not send any system information, Nintendo will have less information on the exploits that may come in the future!
biggrin.gif

That would work... If people didn't openly post about them on the internet.
smileipb2.png
 

NinjaxFoote

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
28
Trophies
0
XP
143
Country
United States
Still, the actual information direct feeded to them is going to make it all the more easy for them, to know everything.
ohnoes.png
 

TCJJ

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
616
Trophies
0
Location
New Zealand
Website
gareworks.blogspot.com
XP
477
Country
New Zealand
Just know this: Nintendo is smarter than you. Okay, I'll admit, they don't manage to patch up hacks. Look at the abomination that the Wii has become. It's nice that it's open now, but at the same time, Nintendo just need to overhaul the thing and that'd solve some problems. But that won't happen now, not without a new console on the way.

Anyway, just like we've seen with the Wii, Nintendo can throw updates at you and block all this stuff, and if they want, they can download hacks themselves and see how they work. It's not like they have no idea what's going on unless they specifically get information from consoles, and it's not like they're using that information-sending feature as a phone-home alert for hacking. They could use it for that, but that's not it's sole purpose. Market research, for one thing. Statistics is another. It's a cheap/pretty much free way to gather that data that businesses thrive on.
 

ccfreak2k

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
53
Trophies
0
XP
23
Country
United States
TCJJ said:
Just know this: Nintendo is smarter than you. Okay, I'll admit, they don't manage to patch up hacks. Look at the abomination that the Wii has become. It's nice that it's open now, but at the same time, Nintendo just need to overhaul the thing and that'd solve some problems. But that won't happen now, not without a new console on the way.
Indeed, some of the flaws were fundamental in their nature. The DSi and 3DS came -after- the Wii though, so one would think they designed a better architecture for both.
 

TCJJ

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
616
Trophies
0
Location
New Zealand
Website
gareworks.blogspot.com
XP
477
Country
New Zealand
ccfreak2k said:
TCJJ said:
Just know this: Nintendo is smarter than you. Okay, I'll admit, they don't manage to patch up hacks. Look at the abomination that the Wii has become. It's nice that it's open now, but at the same time, Nintendo just need to overhaul the thing and that'd solve some problems. But that won't happen now, not without a new console on the way.
Indeed, some of the flaws were fundamental in their nature. The DSi and 3DS came -after- the Wii though, so one would think they designed a better architecture for both.

Oh geez. I meant "with", not "without". On that topic though, the Wii U is shaping up to be a piece of crap (I was excited, until I realised that the PSV/PS3 combo can do pretty much the exact same), and as we've seen with Nintendo a lot lately, it seems they haven't learnt enough from their mistakes. They make this and that, but they're still not hitting the mark for everything.

I'm sure a handheld would have a fairly different architecture to the Wii, but it still makes me wonder. The 3DS may have beefed-up security, but at the end of the day, the thing still has ARM processors in it, and so do the DS/DSi models. In fact, I believe only one of the 3DS' two processors are different from the DS/DSi (although I'm probably wrong). Still, the DSi was never completely hacked, so who knows? Maybe they did the bad thing and assumed that some of that security was still perfectly viable for the 3DS.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't like this new shitbox, it's too complicated
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    well this isn't a shoutbox but a chat
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    It's basically the same thing shoutbox has been around for years just upgraded
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh the floating chat thing is new.
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    And you can do formatting.
  • Arecaidian Fox @ Arecaidian Fox:
    Oooooh, colors.
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    I think what you meant was "colors".
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    :^)
    +1
  • antiNT @ antiNT:
    nice
  • HinaNaru Cutie @ HinaNaru Cutie:
    hi o w o
  • HinaNaru Cutie @ HinaNaru Cutie:
    yo does anyone know how to fix the 'no main boot entries found, check that bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini has boot entries or use more configs button for more boot entries' error on hekate??? i keep getting it when i try to click the launch option
  • HinaNaru Cutie @ HinaNaru Cutie:
    nvm got it to work now q uq someone helped me out
  • chrisrlink @ chrisrlink:
    ugh always have trouble sleeping
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Have you tried closing your eyes?
  • HarvHouHacker @ HarvHouHacker:
    Hey, this is cool! Now we can chat pretty much anywhere.
  • AsPika2219 @ AsPika2219:
    RAINBOW 🌈
  • Costello @ Costello:
    this must have taken you like 5 minutes to do ^
  • gamewizard @ gamewizard:
    Awe man of course I get on and chat be dead lol
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    @IanSkinner1982 congratulations on being the current top chatter of all time
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    Dang they got Giphy on this thing?
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    Oh wait it doesn't have the same stuff as Tenor, no big floppa gifs :(
  • banjo2 @ banjo2:
    floppa-gargantious-floppa.gif


    here he is tho
  • bowlofspiders @ bowlofspiders:
    This is neat :O
  • kenenthk tempBOT:
    kenenthk rolls 1d6 and gets 5 (5).
    kenenthk tempBOT: kenenthk rolls 1d6 and gets 5 (5).