Hacking Sending System information to nintendo.

Faize00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i already updated my 3DS and what i got a notice about automatic download software. So i went to System settings>internet options>SpotPass.
Then i saw the system information. By turning this on, your 3DS will send your system information.

So what bothers me is that, By turning this off, doesnt mean that nintendo doest know a thing about what youre doing on your 3DS?

does this mean that you can pirate your 3DS without the worry of being banned from online services?

Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

NinjaxFoote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm bumping this, this is interesting. (Haven't updated yet, waiting for DSTWO firmware)
If we ban together and not send any system information, Nintendo will have less information on the exploits that may come in the future!
biggrin.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
NinjaxFoote said:
I'm bumping this, this is interesting. (Haven't updated yet, waiting for DSTWO firmware)
If we ban together and not send any system information, Nintendo will have less information on the exploits that may come in the future!
biggrin.gif

That would work... If people didn't openly post about them on the internet.
smileipb2.png

NinjaxFoote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, the actual information direct feeded to them is going to make it all the more easy for them, to know everything.
ohnoes.png

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just know this: Nintendo is smarter than you. Okay, I'll admit, they don't manage to patch up hacks. Look at the abomination that the Wii has become. It's nice that it's open now, but at the same time, Nintendo just need to overhaul the thing and that'd solve some problems. But that won't happen now, not without a new console on the way.

Anyway, just like we've seen with the Wii, Nintendo can throw updates at you and block all this stuff, and if they want, they can download hacks themselves and see how they work. It's not like they have no idea what's going on unless they specifically get information from consoles, and it's not like they're using that information-sending feature as a phone-home alert for hacking. They could use it for that, but that's not it's sole purpose. Market research, for one thing. Statistics is another. It's a cheap/pretty much free way to gather that data that businesses thrive on.

ccfreak2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TCJJ said:
Just know this: Nintendo is smarter than you. Okay, I'll admit, they don't manage to patch up hacks. Look at the abomination that the Wii has become. It's nice that it's open now, but at the same time, Nintendo just need to overhaul the thing and that'd solve some problems. But that won't happen now, not without a new console on the way.
Indeed, some of the flaws were fundamental in their nature. The DSi and 3DS came -after- the Wii though, so one would think they designed a better architecture for both.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ccfreak2k said:
TCJJ said:
Indeed, some of the flaws were fundamental in their nature. The DSi and 3DS came -after- the Wii though, so one would think they designed a better architecture for both.

Oh geez. I meant "with", not "without". On that topic though, the Wii U is shaping up to be a piece of crap (I was excited, until I realised that the PSV/PS3 combo can do pretty much the exact same), and as we've seen with Nintendo a lot lately, it seems they haven't learnt enough from their mistakes. They make this and that, but they're still not hitting the mark for everything.

I'm sure a handheld would have a fairly different architecture to the Wii, but it still makes me wonder. The 3DS may have beefed-up security, but at the end of the day, the thing still has ARM processors in it, and so do the DS/DSi models. In fact, I believe only one of the 3DS' two processors are different from the DS/DSi (although I'm probably wrong). Still, the DSi was never completely hacked, so who knows? Maybe they did the bad thing and assumed that some of that security was still perfectly viable for the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.