XP
Country
WiiHoney said:
@OP, what will happened if the person who tries to mod it for you:

1- bricks it
2- swears to never get it
3- losts it in the mail (return mail)
4- ....

Are you going to ask for refund.. file a complain or ...?

I hope you get the idea... This is the internet... and everyone is a cowboy behind a keyboard...

Just do it yourself and save yourself the hassle...

You are in THIS to learn and lot of great minds here are willing to help you...

This, why on earth you you trust a stranger with your wii? Strange that is.

smartybones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regarding softmoding a wii for someone just a few points to make, some have been made before....

Softmodding a wii takes so little effort and time, if you found this site and have half a brain you can do it yourself.

Sending your wii through the post to somebody you dont know is very risky business. I would give it 50/50 chance of getting it back.

and the most important thing, in the USA they have somthing called the DMA (Digital Millenium Act). Hacking someones wii will get you a big fine / jail time.... and before you start shouting "entrapment" you will on the radar scopes and they will have you oneway or another.... andalthough we dont have the DMA in the UK you will be on someones scope.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to agree with everyone here saying do it yourself or have it done by someone you know personally or at the very least get it done locally. I've done it for several friends and it takes hardly any time or effort at all. However, that said, if you still want to go to all that trouble for no good reason, send me a PM.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@OP, I would advise u don't send your wii to smashdude... no offense smashdude, but u r the last person I would ever want modding one of my friends wii's... although I have to admit... u have come a long way... so maybe I am being a bit harsh. But as an experienced wii modder who has witnessed your gbatemp activity, I feel obligated to warn the OP that maybe he should check out some of your past topics/posts and read up on your (smash_dudes) expertise before deciding to ship his wii to you. Sorry dude, it had to be said, I know I'm not the only one thinking it, and I tried to say it as nicely as possible... Don't get me wrong, I'm sure u could get the job done... but probably not any better than the average joe who know's nothing about wii modding...
That's such a dick thing to say. You're pretty much saying ModMii is a shitty way to hack your Wii, while you created it.
EDIT: Oh yeah, I'll mod it for you for free.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No, that's not what I am saying. I even told the OP that he could mod his own wii very easily using ModMii.

I was warning the OP not to send his wii to smashdude, which was uncalled for since it was smashbrew and not smashdude who offered to mod it in the first place. If you've ever experienced smash dude's antics first hand, I'm sure u would agree with me... hell, there were half a dozen ppl on gbatemp with smashdude quotes in their signatures because the shit he said was unbelievable... like not knowing what a hard drive is for example. Anyways, I feel bad still trying to explain why smashdude isn't the best wii modder since he's not even involved in this thread. But even smashdude got some things figured out using modmii, even if he had to ask a lot of questions in the process... that is a testament to how awesome ModMii is... if smashdude can use it, anyone can
biggrin.gif

Anyways, you have to understand that if I call or imply someone is a noob (which I very rarely do, if ever), I don't mean it as an insult... I wrote modmii with noobs in mind, and everyone was a noob at one point, even me! But before you start implying I'm a dick, seriously check out smashdude's posts and I think u will see that if anything, my comments were phrased conservatively.

@smashdude, if u happen to read this, I want to apologize to you. I didn't mean to bring u into this thread under these circumstances.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
No, that's not what I am saying. I even told the OP that he could mod his own wii very easily using ModMii.

I was warning the OP not to send his wii to smashdude, which was uncalled for since it was smashbrew and not smashdude who offered to mod it in the first place. If you've ever experienced smash dude's antics first hand, I'm sure u would agree with me... hell, there were half a dozen ppl on gbatemp with smashdude quotes in their signatures because the shit he said was unbelievable... like not knowing what a hard drive is for example. Anyways, I feel bad still trying to explain why smashdude isn't the best wii modder since he's not even involved in this thread. But even smashdude got some things figured out using modmii, even if he had to ask a lot of questions in the process... that is a testament to how awesome ModMii is... if smashdude can use it, anyone can
biggrin.gif

Anyways, you have to understand that if I call or imply someone is a noob (which I very rarely do, if ever), I don't mean it as an insult... I wrote modmii with noobs in mind, and everyone was a noob at one point, even me! But before you start implying I'm a dick, seriously check out smashdude's posts and I think u will see that if anything, my comments were phrased conservatively.

@smashdude, if u happen to read this, I want to apologize to you. I didn't mean to bring u into this thread under these circumstances.
Thanks for explaining. I prefer hacking Wiis without ModMii, easier for me. I've been in the Wii scene since March 2008 so I enjoy getting all technical with it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol