Hacking Semi bricked vwii

aceoyame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night I was restoring some stuff from my old wii to my vwii and accidentally installed my old ios 58 (batch installed a folder of wad's) Yes, I know it was retarded that I didn't check but I would like to get it working again.

Thankfully I can still execute .elf files, I don't have a backup of my nand as what I initally read said there was no way to back it up (found out otherwise after I bricked it last night and did a shit ton of reading).

So what I need at this point is just a way to install ios 58 6432 again (It appears I can download the ios through the nus downloader if I have the common key which was leaked I believe?) Also, I didn't have a chance to install a good cios... so in a tough spot atm unfortunately.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night I was restoring some stuff from my old wii to my vwii and accidentally installed my old ios 58 (batch installed a folder of wad's) Yes, I know it was retarded that I didn't check but I would like to get it working again.

Thankfully I can still execute .elf files, I don't have a backup of my nand as what I initally read said there was no way to back it up (found out otherwise after I bricked it last night and did a shit ton of reading).

So what I need at this point is just a way to install ios 58 6432 again (It appears I can download the ios through the nus downloader if I have the common key which was leaked I believe?) Also, I didn't have a chance to install a good cios... so in a tough spot atm unfortunately.

Before you do anything! See if you can run the latest version of the Syscheck app (for vWii) and post the results back here!

Blindly trying to repair you're vWii could result in a full brick of the vWii. Let's not make things any worse than they already are....

aceoyame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to run syscheck but it crashed at the end. My Wii U is up to date and I read that any version past 5.2 makes syscheck crash

EDIT: I can post a list of what wad's I installed as that folder that I batch installed is intact still. I am pretty sure 58 is the offending one since it had a 6179 wad in that folder

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to run syscheck but it crashed at the end. My Wii U is up to date and I read that any version past 5.2 makes syscheck crash

EDIT: I can post a list of what wad's I installed as that folder that I batch installed is intact still. I am pretty sure 58 is the offending one since it had a 6179 wad in that folder

Unfortunately, You can NOT download and install the vIOS 58 off of the Nintendo servers because they are encrypted with another key(not publicly available) and installed by the Wii U side of the system.(Please do not try.)

Since you did not backup your nand(a verrrrrrrrry bad idea),your only hope is to get a donor vIOS 58 wad from some kind soul from their nand backup or straight from their system. But be warned, it MUST NOT be fake signed. It will install but will not solve your problems.

aceoyame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even a real 6432 iOS 58 from someone else's band won't fix it? Or do you mean the fake signed wouldn't.

My biggest concern is getting write privileges to nand to install the ios

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even a real 6432 iOS 58 from someone else's Nand won't fix it?
Yes a real vWii ios(non-fake-signed) from a backup or straight from someone's vWii/nand WILL fix it.
Or do you mean the fake signed wouldn't.
Correct a fake signed vWii vIOS will NOT work.
My biggest concern is getting write privileges to nand to install the ios
If you still have access to a cios or HBC all should be good for write privileges.

aceoyame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I can upgrade to an official one without issues. Guess the next thing to do is wait on some kind soul. I searched for a vwii nand dump and the only one I could find was unfortunately removed. Crap.

I went back to clean official 6179 so 6432 should work just fine from what I read. Just hope it doesn't complain about a key mismatch or some other fun stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol