Hacking Semi-Brick Wii

flasherstein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turned on my wii and getting preloader v29 but the wiimotes wont sync and only get a black screen when I try "systemmenu". Can go to homebrew but wont let me load Wadmanager with out wii mote. Attempted to load a systemmenu but getting code dump once i try and use "installed file". had system menu 3.1u. everything was working fine untill a few days ago. any suggestions?

flasherstein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured since the Wii semi works then its semi bricked. so maybe not. Please inform me. Thanks.

Edit: Seriously?...."I want to learn how to mod a xbox 360. if you know how, can you please let me know?". I know how to update the firmware on ANY Xbox360 but not so good with these Wii's so any help would be great.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a GC controller? If so try using that.

BTW X360 is a lot easier to mod than a Wii. If you have the right SATA chipset a monkey could flash any 360 with Jungle Flasher. Modding Wiis is a constantly changing process. Almost every time Nintendo releases new firmwares, it breaks old methods, and even worse bricks people who use those older methods without doing proper research.

flasherstein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly need to give alittle history I have run firmware upgrades to wiis and to 360s for a while and understand most of the knowledge needed to do both i have every wii except this one has worked flawless and still do so today. something happended to this one either fell off the desk or was allowed to update to 4.2 but i cant verfiy the upgrade as nothing works and yes i have a GC controller or else couldn't even move around in preloader which i mentioned i was doing so any real help here i would love. i can load to the home brew but anything that requires the use of the wiimote is out. all i have done in the past is download the newest stuff here and go about my business. however this one was done with bannerbomb and cioscorp. so any help?

Edit: I didn't work on this wii till now i get it with the problem lol.

Also, worhy to note i haven't ever used these tools as i have never had any issues. I havne't really messed with them after doing about thirty with twilight and bannerbomb. all working fine.

flasherstein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will try that. cboot2.

Edit: cboot2 not working or atleast seems like a lot to get it to work.
After some work I am able to get to the preloader and also can get it to run a file from "installed file" after i load it off course but still no sync with the wiimotes so with out that cant do much else.

Retrievil:: been modin since the dreamcast and direc-tv cards so im no noob and since you had to use ms-dos with the xbox360, long for easy ass jungleflasher came along.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...