Selling Modded Wii U's

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jar-_-, Dec 31, 2016.

1. jar-_-
    OP

jar-_- Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Canada
    Hey Everyone,

Kinda annoyed that people are selling modded Wii U's off the back of developers. The way I see it is that these SELLER's are taking money from the Developers who could use that money to develop better tools.

I believe they are making $50 off of Wii's and $100+ off of Wii U's.

jar-_-

Last edited by jar-_-, Jan 1, 2017

2. DinckelMan

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    1. How is this relevant to the category?
    2. You can't stop stupid people from doing stupid stuff. Scammers exist because of that reason alone.
    3. /thread

3. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Just because a console is modded, it doesn't mean that the console is literally the developers and will not be distributed or sold under the watch of Mr. IWATA himself.

cearp likes this.
  4. jar-_-
    OP

jar-_- Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Canada
    I know but my issue is that the SELLERS are taking that money from people like FIX, DIMOK (to name a few)....that's who I consider the Developers in this case. Charging money to mod the consoles using free open source tools is plain wrong in my opinion.

Last edited by jar-_-, Dec 31, 2016
  5. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    it is, but some people don't wanna pay for the hack, they want the service being done by someone who knowes what he's doing or give a new one when he or she messes things up. it's not the mod that they pay for it's security and service.

Ryccardo, duncanm and iAqua like this.
  6. jar-_-
    OP

jar-_- Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Canada
    1. I thought it was appropriate to post here. Sorry if I am wrong :(.
    2. I am trying to educate them but you will always have the few that troll.

7. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    better point is: it's unfair that devs who toke time to develop something great ain't getting thier shares in the service since they reall owe the credits for it! that beïng said, i do understand that that could leave a paper trail...

jar-_- likes this.
  8. jar-_-
    OP

jar-_- Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Canada
    Yeah but with better tools the hack/mods become less and less risky and easier to achieve. Again money out of the pockets of people who made the hack/mods.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

GREAT POINT....IT'S VERY UNFAIR.

Sorry for the frustration here today.

9. J-Machine

J-Machine Self proclaimed Pog champion

Aug 25, 2011
    Canada
    A concrete Igloo
    you arent paying for the software but the service to get it modded. This is perfectly fair in my eyes. No matter how painfully easy it is to do; there will always be those too lazy, scared, or lacking in time, to do these things themselves. They want to pay for the service let em. It would be nice if the modder donated some of those funds to the software devs but ce la vie

10. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    either way you put it a9lh 3ds are everywhere on ebay and soon im sure well see coldboot wiiu however donations to the devlopers would be appreciated (i think thats the better point to give)

11. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    I was kind of annoyed when I saw a Craiglist post of some guy that was willing to downgrade 3DS's to 4.2 using the Gateway method (only method at the time) and was charging $20 for it. There was nothing I could do but let him charge $20 to downgrade 3DS with free software...

12. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    the gateway isnt free tho. but yes i understand your point

13. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    not all devs want the money, though it would be right for the time spend on thier finds... sometimes it's not so easy... in my country, breaking a code is not illegal, selling it is, and so is not informing those who made the software or console that it expoits... abusing stealing software, right or identety... that's illegal but... so for some devs it's better to not sell the software, cause from that point on the're criminals to the law... informing the consoles or devs of exploited software can be done in all ways seem fit, so it doesn't need to be detailed and it doesn't need to be send with priority... so it's okay to create some time to work with... the hackers i know don't want money, they want to make a name... then the other part... if i pai someone for a hack, in my country that's a criminal act also... so paying in money is complicated...
    that is as far as i understand our law around, i could be wrong...
    so you see, if a dev is there for the moey, hacking is a dangerous way to get it done, though sometimes it does pay off! for most hackers it's not worth the money, they're in for the name!

14. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    well then fund the projects.

15. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    that's the same thing... but if devs however would find a legal way/reason to get paid... why not?

16. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    funding projects are perfectly fine as youre not paying for a product youre giving a tip basically (such as funding citra or sending funds for devs to get switches etc...)

17. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    their software is free. people that were above 4.5 were using their launcher to downgrade so they could use the mset exploit for the old school CFWs.

18. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    but not the hardware

19. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Average Ryzen user.

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    Its actually against the DMCA to sell a modded console, basically making you a felon if you sell one.

DinckelMan likes this.
  20. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    didnt know that (i have no need for selling)