Sega Saturn modding question

Nickp2517

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am bidding on a Saturn that has a region free BIOS and a Phantom Universal modchip. Can that play burned Saturn games on a CD-R straight up or anything else I need to run backups?

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am bidding on a Saturn that has a region free BIOS and a Phantom Universal modchip. Can that play burned Saturn games on a CD-R straight up or anything else I need to run backups?
you don't need anything else. i'd recommend getting a memory card though. The internal space on the Saturn is very small.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it'll play backups from normal CD-Rs as long as they're burned correctly. Note that some Saturn games may have a few different "tracks", which need to be correctly burned otherwise the game won't work. Most dumps should be setup as .bin/.cue files with the correct number if tracks, but a fair few aren't and you may have trouble getting those running. Most CD burning software supports multitrack burning without issue, but I prefer IMGBurn myself for all my disc burning so you may want to try that.

Also, +1 for a memory card. The internal storage is not only small, but it also runs from a button cell battery which, when it dies, will wipe the internal storage and your saves. The battery is incredibly easy to replace (it's behind a compartment in the rear of the console), but it's best if you have an external memory card so you don't lose all your progress in a long game like Panzer Dragoon Saga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o