Sega reveals Project Ringo

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by HernanZh, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009

Sega reveals Project Ringo by HernanZh at 11:01 AM (1,119 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. HernanZh
    OP

Member HernanZh GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    [​IMG]

For the last few months, Sega has been teasing us with "Project Ringo". Several flash movies showed several equations that always ended up in the number "247". Only a few people (though more from the Japanese side) have guessed that this could mean a 7th installment of the Puyo Puyo series, as the number "24" is a pun for "Puyo".

Today, Sega's newest flash movie http://sega.jp/project_ringo/movie.html, reveals that Project Ringo is indeed Puyo Puyo 7. A final equation, the square root of 587917009, leads to the answer "24247", aka "Puyo Puyo 7". 3 characters from previous games, Amitie, Arle and Carbuncle, as well as a Puyo, can be seen in the flash movie. The girl throwing the apple, appears to be a new character. Sega will reveal details ons April 3rd on weekly Famitsu and the website, according the the latest flash movie.

[​IMG]

Source

2. concealed identi

Member concealed identi GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Awesome. Even though the last one (Puyo Puyo Fever) was pretty lame, I'll definitely try a new one out.

3. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Hmm... Don't know what to make of this news. At long as translated or not too horribly text heavy. [​IMG]

4. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Since Puyo Puyo Fever there has been Puyo Puyo Fever 2/Chu and Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary. 15th was not lame. [​IMG]

Good news, the series is still going. Not only that, but Sega considers the Fever games to be proper entries in the main series. I just hope the game isn't plagued with some terrible gimmick like sun puyo in the third game.

It's worth mentioning that the name translates into 'Project Apple.' The new main character has 'apple' in her name and is tossing an apple. Apples, huh?

There are gonna be apple puyo, calling it now.

5. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    OH GOD YES. I LOVE PUYO PUYO.
    Capslock aside, I'm really excited for a new Puyo game, though 15th anniversary is pretty much the pinnacle of Puyo gaming. (disclaimer; not counting Puyo Puyo 4)

6. concealed identi

Member concealed identi GBAtemp Fan

Japan

Yeah but Puyo Puyo Fever was the last one with any major gameplay changes...that was my point [​IMG]

7. c0pE89

Newcomer c0pE89 Member

United States
    yay!!!!!