OP
Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ringo.jpg

For the last few months, Sega has been teasing us with "Project Ringo". Several flash movies showed several equations that always ended up in the number "247". Only a few people (though more from the Japanese side) have guessed that this could mean a 7th installment of the Puyo Puyo series, as the number "24" is a pun for "Puyo".

Today, Sega's newest flash movie http://sega.jp/project_ringo/movie.html, reveals that Project Ringo is indeed Puyo Puyo 7. A final equation, the square root of 587917009, leads to the answer "24247", aka "Puyo Puyo 7". 3 characters from previous games, Amitie, Arle and Carbuncle, as well as a Puyo, can be seen in the flash movie. The girl throwing the apple, appears to be a new character. Sega will reveal details ons April 3rd on weekly Famitsu and the website, according the the latest flash movie.

ringo_amitiepuyo.png

Source

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
concealed identity said:
Awesome. Even though the last one (Puyo Puyo Fever) was pretty lame, I'll definitely try a new one out.
Since Puyo Puyo Fever there has been Puyo Puyo Fever 2/Chu and Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary. 15th was not lame.
mad.gif

Good news, the series is still going. Not only that, but Sega considers the Fever games to be proper entries in the main series. I just hope the game isn't plagued with some terrible gimmick like sun puyo in the third game.

It's worth mentioning that the name translates into 'Project Apple.' The new main character has 'apple' in her name and is tossing an apple. Apples, huh?

There are gonna be apple puyo, calling it now.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heran Bago said:
Since Puyo Puyo Fever there has been Puyo Puyo Fever 2/Chu and Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary. 15th was not lame.
mad.gif

Good news, the series is still going. Not only that, but Sega considers the Fever games to be proper entries in the main series. I just hope the game isn't plagued with some terrible gimmick like sun puyo in the third game.

It's worth mentioning that the name translates into 'Project Apple.' The new main character has 'apple' in her name and is tossing an apple. Apples, huh?

OH GOD YES. I LOVE PUYO PUYO.
Capslock aside, I'm really excited for a new Puyo game, though 15th anniversary is pretty much the pinnacle of Puyo gaming. (disclaimer; not counting Puyo Puyo 4)

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
concealed identity said:
Awesome. Even though the last one (Puyo Puyo Fever) was pretty lame, I'll definitely try a new one out.
mad.gif

Yeah but Puyo Puyo Fever was the last one with any major gameplay changes...that was my point
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: