[Seeking Coder] Metal Max 2 Reloaded Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Lilfut, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Lilfut
    OP

Lilfut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    United States
    I've been playing this game a whole lot lately and I'd like to do a full translation of it. I can do the script, but I have almost no knowledge of how I'd go about actually inserting it - I can't even decrypt the files successfully. Is anyone willing to help? Thanks in advance.

2. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    Was just looking at Metal Max 3 for someone else, and it seems this game uses the same engine. The encoding should be Unicode, but I can't find a lot of the menu text. Maybe it's stored as graphics? If you want to poke around, here's a tool that will extract the archives:

[​IMG]
    Download Metal2Trans 0.1

I didn't have time to look into all of the files, so for now it just supports editing item names. I'll add more if someone figures out the formats.

Last edited by DarthNemesis, Mar 15, 2016
    Lakum likes this.
  3. Lilfut
    OP

Lilfut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    United States
    Oh man, this is a great help! Thanks. I'll see if I can look at the rest of the files, but it's unlikely I'll be able to do much.

4. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    Some of the graphics files have an NCPS header followed by an 0x11 byte; that's probably LZ11 compression.

5. Lakum

Lakum GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2014
    Malaysia
    Last edited by Lakum, Apr 5, 2016