Hacking seedminer (single system DSiWare injection)

If you are planning on using seedminer, do you have a dedicated graphics card in your PC?

• Yes!

Votes: 207 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 22.9%
  • What's dedicated graphics?

Votes: 35 7.6%
  • I'm a cat, we can just guess our movable.sed through feline intuition

Votes: 112 24.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Altimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this seedminer guide isnt his, it's a ripoff of https://marenthyu.github.io/3dsSeedMinerGuide that was rewriten by someone on the homebrew discord
Actually we were working with Marenthyu, but they refused to listen to us so Jisagi made their own with our blessing. Blame Marenthyu for not listening. We worked with Plait to make sure everything with Jisagi's guide was good, and he added linked to it since it's been 2 months. (He'll probably rework it under the hacks.guide domain eventually).

Last edited by Altimit,

Altimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
due to "illegal stuff in it" yet you still link to the DIS that is distributing pirated software,

It was more than just "illegal stuff in it".

Plus, there is no "offering pirated software" anymore, the new linked tadpole injector website is client side and doesnt upload the dsiware/app/save/movable/ctcert to a server anymore

Last edited by Altimit,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
It was more than just "illegal stuff in it".

Plus, there is no "offering pirated software" anymore, the new linked tadpole injector website is client side and doesnt upload the dsiware/app/save/movable/ctcert to a server anymore
still links to it
Rw5Nj0A.png

Altimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So you suddenly give a shit what we link, but not others?
From Jisagi since I decided to confirm: "it's only a backup website, mine wont go offline"

Your primary method is using an illegal method. Even if Jisagi decided to remove the backup method, his would still work. Marenthyu's wouldn't. That's the underlying problem, and why we backed Jisagi over them.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So you suddenly give a shit what we link, but not others?
From Jisagi since I decided to confirm: "it's only a backup website, mine wont go offline"

Your primary method is using an illegal method. Even if Jisagi decided to remove the backup method, his would still work. Marenthyu's wouldn't. That's the underlying problem, and why we backed Jisagi over them.
no, i point it out because you denied his guide due to a technicality over the b9stool that zoogie released, so the technicality of how legal DIS is should also be in question for you guys

Altimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice 180 with the point I previously made about Jisagi using it as a backup, and Marenthyu using it as their primary.

And no, that was not the only reason we denied Marenthyu's guide, there was more to it, but that's really none of your business as it was in private channels. But I guess marenthyu wouldn't admit that their guide is the way it is because of Jisagi and Kuma and other contributors.

Last edited by Altimit,

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This has been discussed way too many times now, please do not reopen this discussion.

I do not endorse that guide and yes, it is a fork of my guide and it was created due to different opinions.
Yes, there was effort that went into my guide from other people, as can be easily seen in the git repo.

I will continue to update my guide and not bother with anything relating to the fork.

Just please: Keep this discussion out of this thread, for the love of everyone involved.

On the bright side: Yay for seedminer getting a presence on the most well-known guide.

Altimit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and yes, it is a fork of my guide and it was created due to different opinions.

I don't see anything about it being a fork. Are you sure you're not trying to just claim credit for what others did for you? Hell, just confirmed with Jisagi, it hasn't been a fork since you complained before. It's their own work.

Something you're going to have to deal with is users coming here for assistance with Jisagi's guide, either learn it, or go against the community.

Yes, there was effort that went into my guide from other people, as can be easily seen in the git repo.

You mean uh...most of the guide? And then you complained in our meta channel about us making our own fork and asked us to take it down, so we did? And then we made an entirely new one from scratch because you refuse to take any form of advice?

Your guide isn't special, you don't hold rights over seedmining guides, this isn't a fork, grow up.

Last edited by Altimit,

Marenthyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't see anything about it being a fork. Are you sure you're not trying to just claim credit for what others did for you? Hell, just confirmed with Jisagi, it hasn't been a fork since you complained before. It's their own work.

Something you're going to have to deal with is users coming here for assistance with Jisagi's guide, either learn it, or go against the community.

You mean uh...most of the guide? And then you complained in our meta channel about us making our own fork and asked us to take it down, so we did? And then we made an entirely new one from scratch because you refuse to take any form of advice?

Your guide isn't special, you don't hold rights over seedmining guides, this isn't a fork, grow up.
I'll just not comment on this anymore, i have other stuff to do.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Ok fam, it's about time we have "the talk". its nothing about where babies come from i swear ;p

Any day now, Nintendo is going to issue an update and block dsiware injection!
This means no more getting CFW from seedminer!

If you're on the fence about this but haven't commited to it, here's what you need to right now to be able to still do it if an update drops. In order of importance:
1. Buy a compatible dsiware game and download it. I always recommend EA sudoku if you don't have a game on that list already.
2. Get your LFCS. Go to this thread and post your friend code. You might as well also post your id0 as well so a friendly temper can do your brute force and get you your movable.sed. But the important thing is the LFCS file. Once an update hits, you likely won't be able to use the friends service without updating, and that will probably spoil your chance of easily getting your LFCS. The mii qr method will still be there for all firmwares, but it's more tricky, time consuming, and difficult.
Once more, it's update Monday, yay! I'm getting tired of posting this every week!

msed_data is 1600 as well
python seedminer_launcher.py update-db

albarah

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm having a problem with Seedminer. I'm using an R9 390 w/ 8GB VRAM and my offset is at the 2400s. I've triple checked my id0 and I've had different people get my movable_part1.sed with confirmations saying there is nothing wrong with it. I've had others brute force it for me with the same results with the offset just going up (Right now it's in the 2400s) and no movable.sed file. I've ran out of options and was recommended to come here. Can anyone help me?

F/C: 3755-1765-7006
id0: a2af7e877b1c1b18413892909fa125b6

Last edited by albarah,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So I'm having a problem with Seedminer. I'm using an R9 390 w/ 8GB VRAM and my offset is at the 2400s. I've triple checked my id0 and I've had different people get my movable_part1.sed with confirmations saying there is nothing wrong with it. I've had others brute force it for me with the same results with the offset just going up and no movable.sed file. I've ran out of options and was recommended to come here. Can anyone help me?

F/C: 3755-1765-7006
id0: a2af7e877b1c1b18413892909fa125b6
A few questions:
Is this a new3ds with that's recieved a system transfer from an old3ds (or 2ds regular).
Has this 3ds been hacked before? (specifically unbanned).
Has it been sent to Nintendo or is it a Nintendo refurb?
Is there more than one ID0 in sdmc://Nintendo 3DS/ ?
(post all of them if there is more than one)

It would also be a good idea to post the movable_part1.sed that you used before.

Last edited by zoogie,

albarah

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few questions:
Is this a new3ds with that's recieved a system transfer from an old3ds (or 2ds regular).
Has this 3ds been hacked before? (specifically unbanned).
Has it been sent to Nintendo or is it a Nintendo refurb?
Is there more than one ID0 in sdmc://Nintendo 3DS/ ?
(post all of them if there is more than one)

It would also be a good idea to post the movable_part1.sed that you used before.

It's a New 3DS and it's received a system transfer from BOTH. I've also used Figgy's SeedHelper and I've been in the brute-forcing step forever.
The New 3DS has never been hacked before.
It's never been sent to Nintendo.
There's only one id0 in sdmc://Nintendo

Link to my movable_part1.sed: ufile.io/3egzb
Screenshots below that my help understand the situation.

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2018-04-02_at_5.35.23_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2018-04-02_at_5.35.23_PM.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by albarah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users