Hacking seedminer (single system DSiWare injection)

If you are planning on using seedminer, do you have a dedicated graphics card in your PC?

• Yes!

Votes: 207 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 22.9%
  • What's dedicated graphics?

Votes: 35 7.6%
  • I'm a cat, we can just guess our movable.sed through feline intuition

Votes: 112 24.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RPG hax:error incorrect number of hash dirs found! (2) make sure there is only one
press A to continue.
restart the program or...

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
RPG hax:error incorrect number of hash dirs found! (2) make sure there is only one
press A to continue.
restart the program or...
you have more than 1 ID0 folder in your Nintendo 3DS folder
they look like abcdef0123456789abcdef0123456789

Reactions: zoogie

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
so delete all friends and try again?
no, you need to rename the one you are currently not using,
add NOUSE- to the front of it, then start the 3ds, and see if all your games are still installed etc
if not rename it back and rename the other one

then use seedstarter again

ZZ20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, beaten to the reply. I mean I ain't mad at anybody, just sad that I am so slow to reply.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no need to delete it when you can just rename it like I stated
Ah understandable.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... ok i guess ill use method b then i have a good friend thats a co-owner of my site and has a 3ds with homebrew

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
... ok i guess ill use method b then i have a good friend thats a co-owner of my site and has a 3ds with homebrew
friendcode version can take over 8 hours to hack compared to 20-120mins for normal

and you still need to use your SD card that has 2 ID0's so you'll still need to rename etc anyway

Last edited by Hunter,

ZZ20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Hunter when I need it, could you help me with helping other people get their movable.sed I don't know if you saw my post I made earlier about making a help thread, but I made one so people can get help with getting their movable.sed and use the friend code method.

Also, thanks @zoogie for putting my thread in the op. Means a lot to me. lol

Last edited by ZZ20,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
so delete all friends and try again?
This is how I would fix that problem

1. Take out sd card, put it in the PC.
2. Rename Nintendo 3DS folder to __Nintendo 3DS
3. Put sd card back in 3ds and turn it on.
4. Wait a few moments a until "creating home menu management...." dialog finishes.
5. Take out sd and put it in PC
6. Check the long hex dir name in the Nintendo 3DS folder.
7. Pay attention carefully to this part: add a __ in front of any hex directories in "__Nintendo 3DS" that do not match the hex dir name in #6.
8. Delete Nintendo 3DS.
9. Rename "__Nintendo 3DS" to "Nintendo 3DS"
10. Put sd back in the 3ds and turn in on and run seedstarter again and there should be no error.

Last edited by zoogie,

CrazyButtStabber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, So Im not sure If im doing something wrong, but when I get to step 3 of option B. I run the seedminer_launcher.py script but it just opens and then immediatly closes. I have tried with the exe version and got the same result.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, So Im not sure If im doing something wrong, but when I get to step 3 of option B. I run the seedminer_launcher.py script but it just opens and then immediatly closes. I have tried with the exe version and got the same result.
you need to run it from a command prompt like "seedminer_launcher.exe ID0"

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you just double click it, it won't work. Open up a command prompt in file explorer address line with "cmd" then enter. Or create a .bat script. The latter is what I usually do.
friendcode version can take over 8 hours to hack compared to 20-120mins for normal

and you still need to use your SD card that has 2 ID0's so you'll still need to rename etc anyway
What? There really should be no difference. movable_part1.sed is converted to movable_part2.sed before bfCL or seedminer.exe launcher no matter what. And the generated LFCS is the same for both methods.

Last edited by zoogie,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you just double click it, it won't work. Open up a command prompt in file explorer address line with "cmd" then enter. Or create a .bat script. The latter is what I usually do.

What? There really should be no difference. movable_part1.sed is converted to movable_part2.sed before bfCL or seedminer.exe launcher no matter what.
you said it would take longer in PM due to having less data than the single system version hence why it took over 8 hours for one of the ones from yesturday

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
you said it would take longer in PM due to having less data than the single system version hence why it took over 8 hours for one of the ones from yesturday
Oh, I think you misunderstood me. The reason that bf took so long is because the LFCS value was in a barren spot in the LFCS database.

Here's the current chart.
Figure_8 - Copy.png

CrazyButtStabber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the stupid questions, but what exactly should I type in the cmd to run the .py? I tried a couple of different commands, but i'n not as good at messing with cmd as I thought I would be lol

ZZ20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the stupid questions, but what exactly should I type in the cmd to run the .py? I tried a couple of different commands, but i'n not as good at messing with cmd as I thought I would be lol
If you have a dedicated Gpu, run "python seedminer_launcher.py gpu"

If you want to use the cpu (which can and probably will take days,) use "python seedminer_launcher.py cpu" (without quotation marks of course)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: