Hacking Seedminer or wait for smealum's exploit guide

Gorizon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have bought new 2ds xl with 11.4 firmware. Should I update to 11.8 and use seedminer method, or wait for installation guide of smealum's exploit?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go with flashcard. You get the benefit of playing DS games without any hassle.
I am going to give a +1 to this post and follow it up with a recommendation.
I suggest the R4i Gold Plus from nds-card.com. Not only do you get a cart that can be used for NTRBoot, but it also has a switch allowing you to switch between NTRBoot and NDS-Mode. And NDS-Card helps support the Temp and is a trustworthy site! (I am not paid to promote this)

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have bought new 2ds xl with 11.4 firmware. Should I update to 11.8 and use seedminer method, or wait for installation guide of smealum's exploit?
If you really want to mod ASAP, use Seedminer since the price is really negligible, on the other hand if you feel patient, wait a few days/weeks for Smea's exploits.

Go with flashcard. You get the benefit of playing DS games without any hassle.
The issue with NTRboot is that even the cheapest cart costs €10/$10 and since most ship from China it usually takes around two weeks to arrive

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are all good replies. First reply costs $10+free shipping and comes from china, but it's currently the most effective way to play NDS games.

Second reply basically summarizes the cheap option: Update to 11.8 and spend $2, or wait until smealum's new free exploit becomes available.

Or maybe you happen to have a DSiWare game like Zelda: Four Swords already or any other DSiWare on this list. If you do, you don't need any of these, and can do the exploit for free.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.