Seedminer or wait for smealum's exploit guide

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gorizon15, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Gorizon15
    OP

Gorizon15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Russia
    I have bought new 2ds xl with 11.4 firmware. Should I update to 11.8 and use seedminer method, or wait for installation guide of smealum's exploit?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Go with flashcard. You get the benefit of playing DS games without any hassle.

3. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    Do you want to spend the $2 now or wait for the free one? It depends on what you'd rather do.

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  4. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    double post because of lag & server issues

Last edited by SCOTT0852, Aug 16, 2018
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    I am going to give a +1 to this post and follow it up with a recommendation.
    I suggest the R4i Gold Plus from nds-card.com. Not only do you get a cart that can be used for NTRBoot, but it also has a switch allowing you to switch between NTRBoot and NDS-Mode. And NDS-Card helps support the Temp and is a trustworthy site! (I am not paid to promote this)

6. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    If you really want to mod ASAP, use Seedminer since the price is really negligible, on the other hand if you feel patient, wait a few days/weeks for Smea's exploits.

The issue with NTRboot is that even the cheapest cart costs €10/$10 and since most ship from China it usually takes around two weeks to arrive

7. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    These are all good replies. First reply costs $10+free shipping and comes from china, but it's currently the most effective way to play NDS games.

Second reply basically summarizes the cheap option: Update to 11.8 and spend $2, or wait until smealum's new free exploit becomes available.

Or maybe you happen to have a DSiWare game like Zelda: Four Swords already or any other DSiWare on this list. If you do, you don't need any of these, and can do the exploit for free.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi, Aug 16, 2018