See the pattern?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Uchiha Obito, Feb 8, 2010.

Feb 8, 2010

See the pattern? by Uchiha Obito at 9:59 PM (1,743 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Uchiha Obito
    OP

Member Uchiha Obito GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    In the last remake (LeafGreen FireRed) they bundled in the package with the game those little things for wireless communications... A few months later the DS came out... connection? Wireless...

This time we know that pokewalker is going to use an infrared system... I wonder what's coming next...

And here we go again with the infrared... They used the same system with GBC and I never knew what was that for...

So... Do you notice a pattern emerging? [​IMG]

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You mean the wireless infrared communication found in remakes of GBC games? Yes, I see it.
    What do you think they'll do with IR in their inevitable remake of Blue?

3. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    No... they won't integrate IR into the next Nintendo handheld, if that's what you're getting at, IR is too outdated and surpassed by better technologies. It is only used in the HG/SS games becuase it is cheap and all that is needed to transfer information to the Pokéwalker. It is far more likely the next console will use a Bluetooth connection.

4. Uchiha Obito
    OP

Portugal
    What about maybe they are testing something more advanced... I don't know maybe Bluetooth or something like that, to pass files from one DS2 (next handheld) to another... It's like you said... It's cheaper with IR

5. acturus

Newcomer acturus Advanced Member

United States
    it will probably just be standard wi-fi, but improved on what the ds can do now.
    hopefully they make the next handheld with a persistent online like xbox live or psn

6. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    i thought wi-fi is better than bluetooth? [​IMG]

7. Uchiha Obito
    OP

Portugal
    Yeah but if you want to pass Images or something like that from one DS2 to another Bluetooth is the best...

8. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Actually - the only pattern I've seen is this: (I think I've got the order of release right)
    • Gameboy
      GameBoy Pocket: Change in 'Size'/'Shape'
      GameBoy Color: Change in 'Technology' (i.e Colour introduced)
      GameBoy Advance: Change in 'Size'/'Shape'
      GameBoy SP: Change in 'Technology' (Backlight/Rechargable battery)
      GameBoy Micro: Change in 'Size'/'Shape'
      DS(Phat): Change in 'Technology' (i.e. Dual Screen)
      DSLite: Change in 'Size'/'Shape'
      DSi: Change in 'Technology' (Camera/Slots etc)
      DSi LL: Change in 'Size' (OK - no shape change here)
    Could it be the Next DS has a 'Technology' change ???

9. f3ar000

Member f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    actually no... bluetooth is crap... but is much better than the ds's wifi because it is cheap and outdated
    this is why the dsi is a little bit better, it's wifi is faster and has wpa encryption capability
    Unfortuanately it has taken ninty a while to get to this stage and it is still outdated console crud, good in development but outdated once it hits the market

10. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    that might be likely.

11. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    PokeWalker is only using IR so people can't simply pirate the game and buy a pokewalker to use.
    It encourages buying the game.

12. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Gameboy Color to Gameboy Advance to Nintendo DS to - what's next? It seems that these systems are almost the same. They have nothing to do with Playstation, Xbox, Wii, etc. We will certainly be having another Portable Video Game System that may be similar to the DS. I have noticed the pattern. Nintendo DS PHAT to Nintendo DS Lite to Nintendo DSi to Nintendo DSi LL. Notice that there is a change in size another time after the original release. Nintendo DSi LL will probably be the last change to the Original DSi. There's going to be a new video game system, probably. The DSi LL is probably the last change to the Nintendo DS.

13. Sanderino

Member Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Netherlands
    yeah, I know what you mean. I'm seeing it. Mimiyato said recently they are working on a new game console. Maybe the new DS, anyone?

14. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    The DS Phat was released before the GBm I think, and you missed out the Game Boy Light and the DSi XL [​IMG]

15. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    Ermm - 'GameBoy Light' was only avaliable in Japan & was virtually the same as GameBoy Pocket IIRC (only difference was a backlight I think) & the DSi XL is the same as DSi LL.
    It is officially called the 'LL' (in Japan) - it's just that everyone in Europe is calling it the 'XL' because it's got a larger screen & the name stuck

Oh and according the Wikipedia - you're right.
    The 'Micro' was released between Sep 2005 to Nov 2005 (depending on which country you're in) while the 'Phat' was released between Nov 2004 to July 2005 (once again depending on what country), so technically my timeline is wrong although I guess I COULD argue and say that the 'Gameboy' & the 'DS' are two different systems, & that there was an 'overlap' between the changeover of systems

16. gordunk

Newcomer gordunk Member

United States
    Man...I'm starting to get a little ticked about all these hardware revisions, and I bet the average consumer is too.

Don't make the same mistake that Sega made, Keep it Simple, Stupid. The home console market isn't this bad, but There are 4 PSP's and 4 DS/i models currently, and that's a little ridiculous. I can understand the PSP-2000 and the DS Lite, but other than that your just pissing consumers off who bought the old revisions only to find that there's a new version a year later.

Unless it's a legit DS2, with upgraded Hardware, they're just hurting themselves further.

17. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I know it was Japan only, and I also know the XL and LL are the same but branded differently (and in my book, a different branding requires a separate mention) [​IMG]

18. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    So in your opinion then a 'Sega Genesis' is not the same as a 'Sega Megadrive' ??

[​IMG][​IMG]

Well you could've fooled me

19. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Uhhh.. maybe you forgot that the GBA didn't only change "size" and "shape" but actually the entirety of the hardware.