Secret Service Grills Boy Who Warned President About....

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
vitoss1.jpg

There's an old sketch from MTV's brilliant The State, where a kid reprimands his obnoxious classmates, saying, "You can't even joke about it! You just can't say 'Gee, wouldn't it be great if we shot the President,'" which results in a swarm of Secret Service agents flooding the classroom and carrying him away. Well, that isn't much of an exaggeration.

That same, basic scenario befell Vito LaPinta, a 13-year-old from Tacoma, who was interrogated by a Secret Service agent after he posted an observation on Facebook that (and I'm quoting Vito, let's just be clear here) President Obama should be "careful because there could be suicide bombers" seeking vengeance for Osama bin Laden.

A week after writing that, Vito recalled for the local Fox affiliate, he was pulled out of class and brought to the principal's office:

"A man walked in with a suit and glasses and he said he was part of the Secret Service. He told me it was because of a post I made that indicated I was a threat toward the President. I was very scared."

After a half-hour of questioning, Vito was deemed not a threat, and was released. His mom is pissed, because all of this went down without her present. But I'm actually kind of impressed? I guess all those Obama/Zuckerberg summits are really paying information-exchange dividends![/p]

Source

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think I'll do the exact same thing on Facebook and wait for the secret services to come to tell them how much they are a bunch of morons. Then again, I'm in Canada, so I'm untouchable.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now THAT is ridiculous.

It was a warning, not a threat, he never said he wanted the president de*d (asterisk for my own safety) or anything.

@Pyrmon24, you aren't untouchable. Other countries regularly work with the US on matters that have to do with terrorism. Though, you'll likely get some mounties (lol) at your door.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
m3rox said:
Ok, now THAT is ridiculous.

It was a warning, not a threat, he never said he wanted the president de*d (asterisk for my own safety) or anything.
The Secret Service probably thought that the kid was actually the Suicide Bomber writing in third-person perspective to hide his own plans.
rolleyes.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The first thing that came to my mind when I read the title was a kid being bbq'd.

Now, in topic, that's so random. I'd actually love to be in a situation like that
tongue.gif

If I know myself, I'd chuckle like that people who don't know how to tell jokes and try anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m