Homebrew Secret Sector - File not Found?

DAReezan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, first of all I'd like to apologize if I am asking for help in the wrong thread as this is my first post on the site. If this doesn't belong here then could someone please tell me where I should post it so I can get the proper help? That would be much appreciated!

Now, I've been trying to upgrade to boot9strap as I'm sure most people have. I've been following this guide right here:

https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap

(I apologize if linking to guides is not allowed or something of the sort, I'd just like someone to see what steps I've taken without having to write them all.)

My problem arises when I reach:
Section II - Installing boot9strap
- Launch SafeB9SInstaller by pressing (A) on it

My screen says the following:
ARM9LoaderMax - installed
MicroSDCard: 2131MP/29712 MB free
Sighaxed FIRM - loaded & verified
[Secret Sector - file not found]

and the rest all say "not started"

I am using a 2DS.

Is there a way I can fix this or is there anywhere I can get the file that's missing? Any help would be appreciated, many thanks!

Last edited by DAReezan,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
secret_sector.bin is located in the guide you linked. It's a magnet link and therefore needs a torrent client like Deluge to obtain it. Note this is only needed if you have a n3DS(XL).

Reactions: Quantumcat

DAReezan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
secret_sector.bin is located in the guide you linked. It's a magnet link and therefore needs a torrent client like Deluge to obtain it. Note this is only needed if you have a n3DS(XL).

I apologize, I forgot to elaborate.
I'm using a 2DS, and the "secret_sector.bin" file is stated to be for New3ds users. Is it still safe to use?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize, I forgot to elaborate.
I'm using a 2DS, and the "secret_sector.bin" file is sated to be for New3ds users. Is it still safe to use?
Then you do not need the secret_sector.bin. I have no idea why that error is occuring then.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming you are using the latest release of SafeB9SInstaller? It might not be properly detecting that it's an O3DS. Just download the secret_sector.bin, it won't harm your 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent