Secret Santa Thread

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so Christmas is here or will be in a few hours for most of us. So lets get the Secret Santa thing rolling. Members were told to exchange gifts with other members. Lets say member A is sending one to member B. Member A will have sent a code with the gift to member B. Member B can now open the gift, and post pics of it along with the code member A sent.

Now for those naughty people who didn't send anything.

YOU WILL BE BANNED.

But in all seriousness not cool, and I'll probably be giving you negative feedback in the Trading Forums unless I get a good excuse. PM me if you didn't get a gift but sent one. (Oh and if you sent your gift late, also PM me. No punishment for the postal system being late.)

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also haven't gotten mine, but I want to give Devin a chance to verify with my Santa whether it was shipped in November or December because I signed up for an international exchange.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Tis better to give than receive I guess. It saddens me a little, but I'm still going to give away some Humble THQ Bundle Steam codes away tomorrow morning anyway.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:/ I think we're going to have to promote it earlier if we do this again in 2013. And be serious about reminding people to ship before December begins. Way early is a far better outcome than even a day too late.

noob killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh secret santa thing sounds cool but i never heard anything about it guess next year ill give it a shot. what kind of things get sent and are we talking bout giving random people are address and what not.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't received anything. Unless you sent me PS2 memory cards, in which case, sorry I sent them back modded. Said cards probably won't get there till next year.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I got my gift a week ago :)

I'm sorry I was so late shipping my packet, circumstances conspired against me :( But it's on its way.

Mine came from Canada. The code word was INGOT, and it's a bento box and a bunch of dividers and picks for it, and a postcard and a greeting card and a Canadian moose quarter (of a dollar. Not a quarter of a moose). I love it ^_^

n8aW6.jpg

Thank you :bow:
Hope mine doesn't take too long getting there :(

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't received mine, so I have nothing to take pictures of. And I don't think I have a working camera anywhere.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awwww... shoot. I knew I forgot something... I didn't stick my secret word in the package (it was Umbra). The recipient should be able to connect it based on my username and shipped name alone, though. ^_^

But anyway, onto the package I received from my lovely secret santa. The word included was Tapioca, and this is what I received:

hAAHk.jpg

Dr. Doom & Spidey capsule head ball figures. Their heads were ball capsules that popped open and contained their body parts. Their head then snaps back together into a ball shape and forms the head around the neck of the body. Really, really cool, I love em! Also included 2 American Gold Eagle Coin (1933 double eagle) replicas! These are also friggin awesome! I work for a jewelry shop, and we follow gold trends/futures all the time, I know exactly the role these things played in the past year and the stories surrounding the coin. Not only that, but I personally think it is one of the most beautifully designed coins in American history! Very awesome!

Dr. Doom & Spidey fit in perfectly on my shelf of adorable stuff:

YV5iz.jpg

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH SECRET SANTA!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!! ^_^

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Awwww... shoot. I knew I forgot something... I didn't stick my secret word in the package (it was Umbra). The recipient should be able to connect it based on my username and shipped name alone, though. ^_^

But anyway, onto the package I received from my lovely secret santa. The word included was Tapioca, and this is what I received:

hAAHk.jpg

Dr. Doom & Spidey capsule head ball figures. Their heads were ball capsules that popped open and contained their body parts. Their head then snaps back together into a ball shape and forms the head around the neck of the body. Really, really cool, I love em! Also included 2 American Gold Eagle Coin (1933 double eagle) replicas! These are also friggin awesome! I work for a jewelry shop, and we follow gold trends/futures all the time, I know exactly the role these things played in the past year and the stories surrounding the coin. Not only that, but I personally think it is one of the most beautifully designed coins in American history! Very awesome!

Dr. Doom & Spidey fit in perfectly on my shelf of adorable stuff:

YV5iz.jpg

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH SECRET SANTA!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!! ^_^

Wewt! That one was mine! Glad you liked it :D

Now...onto [M]artin's gift...to me!

Oh, what's this? It's wrapped and everything! Kick ass! Awesome drawing too! The paper was embossed and very thick. The bow was very nice as well. (I saved the paper ^_^;)
icRkQACMMWLG4.jpg

Clear(er) shot of the paper
ilpdVo7ALwASp.jpg

Time to unwrap this beautiful present! Holy crap! It's a Melting Clock! Iconic of the late and famous Salvador Dali. I actually made it a project of mine about five years ago to find out everything about Mister Dali I could after watching the movie Frida. It's funny. I actually contemplated getting one of these from Thinkgeek. I'm glad I changed my mind!
iwnsmFOnphQ6w.jpg

Here it is at it's temporary home: The top of the Entertainment Tower. I'll be finding a permanent home for it soon in my bedroom.
izR1Y6ov5DLvJ.jpg

Close up of the drawing. Cool beans!
ityVexCiG3yPF.jpg

I am Extremely happy with my Secret Santa gift! Thanks [M]artin! This is actualy the best present I didn't buy myself this year :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can