GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
So, BOTH of my HD's failed and I need to ship them in for the RMA to Seagate. However, they require packaging that's $15 per each harddrive, ON TOP OF shipping. To have my HD's just sent there, "repaired" (swapped) and sent back, its $50!!!!! What total Bull sh!t!

Anyone ever sent in a segate drive in just an anti static wrap and packing peanuts?

Thanks!

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put your credit card number in, they'll ship you a new hard drive first, then you ship the old hard drive in the same box they used. It should even have a pre-paid return address label.

They don't charge your card. They just need the number to make sure you don't take the new hard drive and not return the old one.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Not Seagate, they make you ship yours first and if they don't like it, they ship it back!
biggrin.gif

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There also a good chance you will get a refurbished unit back. My brother works in the computer repair shop. He sees alot of seagate failure and most of the returned warranty drive are refurbished. Just my 2 cents.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read a little one their website and it says they have an "Advance Replacement Order" which is basically what I said above.

They send you replacement HDD first, then you put old one in the same box and drop it in the mail.

Try looking again.
Or search for "seagate advance replacement order" on google.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It costs??? Seriously?

That sucks.

I know every other company does an advance shipping thing for free as long as they have your credit card number for insurance.

I don't doubt you checked it out, but make doubly sure!!

Because that's dumb. What's a warranty for if you have to pay to get it fixed???

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Ahh I glad I don't use Seagates.

I use Deathstars :0)
lolz, I have one of those... then I threw it away at school!
laugh.gif

yes I double checked!!

QUOTEThe Advance Replacement Option is a premium service option that is designed to minimize the amount of downtime when seeking service under warranty. We will ship you an advance replacement product via 2 day delivery service and include a prepaid return shipping label to return the non-conforming product back to Seagate.

The service fee for this premium service option is $19.99 USD plus applicable taxes. We accept Visa or MasterCard for payment of the Advance Replacement Option service fee.

>We will automatically charge the Asset Recovery Fee plus tax if applicable to your credit/debit card if we do not receive your non-conforming product within 25 days of order creation.

Seagate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill