Seagate Expansion 1 To

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by razor00000, Jan 3, 2010.

Jan 3, 2010

Seagate Expansion 1 To by razor00000 at 4:25 AM (1,770 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. razor00000
    OP

Newcomer razor00000 Newbie

Canada
    I'm having several issues with USB Loader...

-Sometimes, 2 isos go together to get in only one 8.75 go iso.
    -Games switch their names together.

Now I have a headache and I'm starting to think that the HD is incompatible with the loader.

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    soory but your post makes no sense to me

3. razor00000
    OP

Canada
    Yes I know it sounds stupid...

Here's further information:

I put games in my Hard Drive and then play to them. For example, Wii Sports.

After playing 1 time to it, the game won't work anymore. Same issue with A LOT of game. I didn't change anything though.

So I did a backup of my HD (to format it in NTFS to do some test) and some of the isos were 8.75 go (4.38 x 2 = 8.75).

I own Hasbro Family Game Night Vol. 2 and Family Trainer Extreme Challenge (gay games I know). When I put Family Trainer Extreme Challenge in WBFS manager 3.0.1, its name is Hasbro Family Game Night Vol. 2.

Thanks for your help anyway.

4. widebody777

Newcomer widebody777 Newbie

United States
    i have the same drive an it crash ..had about 150 hours logged on.you can see that with the seagate tools to repair ...sent it to seagate for a new one..it just started to tick really loud ...wii or pc wouldnt see it ..had about 300 games on it ...was using wiiflow ,and a 4.2u wii.softmodded wii
    going to try new one and see if the same happens ..

5. razor00000
    OP

Canada
    Now I tried every game one by one and deleted those that are broken. To quit games, I'll go to menu before powering off the Wii.

6. razor00000
    OP

Canada
    Ok example Punch Out:

-First installed, worked great.

-Quitted the game, retried it and when it comes to click on the CD on USB Loader GX, the song is different, seems to be from another of my games.

-I launched the game anyway and it didn't work (black screen).

-Powered off and retried, now there's no more song and the black screen is still there.

-Uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, works again first time.

7. WiiBadger28

Newcomer WiiBadger28 Newbie

United States
    I recently bought two 1 Tb Expansion hds, formatted them entirely to FAT32 and imediately thereafter to WBFS and finally filled both of them with about 230 games each (using CLONE DRIVE function from WBFS Manager 3.0).
    No issue in about a week of full time usage (GX). Just remember to set power saving time to "never" using old-but-always-working Maxtor Manager app to avoid any spindown lockups.
    ...no experience with other filesystems (I'm one of the many traditionalists, sticking with full WBFS discs)..but I just wanted to confirm that this model IS definitely compatible with USB Loaders.