ROM Hack [SDK] I can't install Omake and Rom Editor

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want try the Rom Editor for curiosity, and Omake because I want do something with it, but I can't install them, when I open the msi install file, at the end, it give me 2 errors...

1468505404-01.png

1468505404-02.png

1468505404-03.png

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Method 1:

Run System File Checker (SFC) tool scan and check if it helps.

Steps to perform a SFC scan:
a) Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
b) Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow
[The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]
After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC Scan - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 2:

Step 1:

Check the Windows Installer Service.

a. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type Services and press Enter.
b. Scroll down and find the Windows Installer. Double-click “Windows Installer” in the Services list.
c. On the General tab, make sure the service is started under “Service status”.
d. If the service is not already running, under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.

Step 2:

Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer

a. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK .
b. Click Start Orb, in the start search box, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK . After you run this command, the operation is complete.
c. Now, try your installation again.

You may refer to the article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems installing and uninstalling programs on Windows-based computers

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Asia81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.