Hacking SDHC on the Wii System Menu

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, seroiusly, when are we going to get SDHC support in the system menu. We already have it for homebrew. SDHC is a bit overdue for the system menu. Imagine what a 16 or 32 GB card could do for the system menu. That would be beyond great!!! Anywho... let's get crackin'

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You'd have several million blocks to backup your save games... wow! Most save games are 1-10 blocks... a standard 2gig card can backup EVERY save game from EVERY region... twice.

The SDHC cards are already supported for the HBC, and WAD manager, which is probably what your looking for....

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that SDHC is supported but the HBC, Wad manager and a few emulators. I'm looking for SDHC support in the official Wii Menu. sure you can copy evey save twice over on a 2 gig card but not every DLC or Wii Ware game. I just don't feel like relying on Nintendo's servers every time I want to swap a game back and forth
tongue.gif

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while sdhc is nice hdd would be better im just saying go for gusto u turn ur wii on and it loads from a tb come on then wecan get creative

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's where WADs come in... When I buy a game from the servers, I either make my own WAD file from it, or download one... Let's say in 3 years, the Wii is obsolete... I still want to make sure I can get the stuff I paid for. I'm not going to be left sitting there with $200 in games I paid for, and not being able to play them!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question goes out to anyone with experience working with the system menu. "What exactly would it take to get the Wii Menu to support SDHC cards?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/