Hacking sd2vita on 3.60, can anyone help?

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I posted earlier today in desperation and unfortunately i haven't had any luck with my problem. I bought a vita yesterday and managed to get it down from 3.70 to 3.60. Today I am attempting to add sd2vita as my main card, but no matter what I try I cannot get it to work. I have followed several guides and I am now at a point where if I use the sd2vita plugin in autoplugins it seems to work, but then when it starts back up all of my apps linked to henkaku have vanished. i.e. Enso, vitashell, modoru etc and I am left with just the usual bubbles that are there when the vita isn't hacked.

I then have to reload henkaku using the browser and tapping r1 to get the homebrew apps back. As earlier today I will post some pics of the state of my current files below. I was told this afternoon to remove the tai file from ux0 and I did but that didn't help. So please ignore the tai file in the image of my ux0 file as it isnt there.

Any help would be amazing as I am completely lost. All I really want to do is get PKCj, adrenaline and a couple of emulators working on the system with my sd2vita as the main memory. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6851.JPG
    IMG_6851.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_6852.JPG
    IMG_6852.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_6853.JPG
    IMG_6853.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_6854.JPG
    IMG_6854.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_6855.JPG
    IMG_6855.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_6856.JPG
    IMG_6856.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 275

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I posted earlier today in desperation and unfortunately i haven't had any luck with my problem. I bought a vita yesterday and managed to get it down from 3.70 to 3.60. Today I am attempting to add sd2vita as my main card, but no matter what I try I cannot get it to work. I have followed several guides and I am now at a point where if I use the sd2vita plugin in autoplugins it seems to work, but then when it starts back up all of my apps linked to henkaku have vanished. i.e. Enso, vitashell, modoru etc and I am left with just the usual bubbles that are there when the vita isn't hacked.

I then have to reload henkaku using the browser and tapping r1 to get the homebrew apps back. As earlier today I will post some pics of the state of my current files below. I was told this afternoon to remove the tai file from ux0 and I did but that didn't help. So please ignore the tai file in the image of my ux0 file as it isnt there.

Any help would be amazing as I am completely lost. All I really want to do is get PKCj, adrenaline and a couple of emulators working on the system with my sd2vita as the main memory. Thanks in advance!
Plug in your sd card to pc and if there is a tai folder there delete it.

In ur0 config file do you have the *KERNAL, *MAIN, *ALL sections? I don't see them in the text.

What is that folder under tai in ur0? Tailm? You may need to delete this.

Make sure you only have tai folder in ur0 and use this for your config.txt

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from molecularShell for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/reF00D.skprx
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*ALL

Make sure to install nonpdrm and refood from autoplugin.
And make sure autoplugin is installing to ur0 not ux0. Use L and R to switch between ux0 and ur0.

Last edited by kaymynd,

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for the quick reply, massively appreciated! below are some current images of the folders i just took a moment ago including the config txt.
IMG_6861[1].JPG
IMG_6858.JPG
IMG_6859.JPG
IMG_6860.JPG
IMG_6861.JPG

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything looks good you're just missing the storagemgr line in your config.txt, see my config.txt above for reference on where to add the line

And also you need to check your sd card through your pc to make sure there is no tai folder here as well.

This should fix your problem.

You're apps and stuff from your sony mem card will dissapear though if you want to keep them you'll have to copy them from mem card to sd card, or reinstall them on your sd2vita, or back them up and restore them from qcma.

Last edited by kaymynd,

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean remove the tai folder from ur0 folder on my Sd card before I use it or just make sure there is no tai in the ux0? thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Everything looks good you're just missing the storagemgr line in your config.txt, see my config.txt above for reference on where to add the line

And also you need to check your sd card through your pc to make sure there is no tai folder here as well.

This should fix your problem.

You're apps and stuff from your sony mem card will dissapear though if you want to keep them you'll have to copy them from mem card to sd card, or reinstall them on your sd2vita, or back them up and restore them from qcma.
Do you mean remove the tai folder from ur0 folder on my Sd card before I use it or just make sure there is no tai in the ux0? thanks

I have added the line on the image below, is that correct? also do i need to reformat my sd2vita memory card so that it has exactly the same thing on there before I attempt to use sdcard2vitaplugin?
IMG_6862[1].JPG
IMG_6862[1].JPG

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you need the tai folder in ur0 leave that one alone, just make sure there is no tai folder in ux0 which is your sony mem card right now. And make sure that when you copied over your sony mem card contents to your sd card you didn't accidentally also copy over the tai folder. You just put you sd card into your pc and if there is no tai folder then you are good to go.

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YES!! you are a genius, it worked, now my ux0 folder is 200gb!! Thank you so much!! Do I now just install all of my things like nondprm on there so I can download, adrenaline, PKCj etc?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES!! you are a genius, it worked, now my ux0 folder is 200gb!! Thank you so much!! Do I now just install all of my things like nondprm on there so I can download, adrenaline, PKCj etc?
Very good! And I'm not a genius, I've just messed up enough times to know how to fix almost anything that can go wrong on the vita lol.
And no worries! Glad i could help!
Yes just install all the plugins and stuff from autoplugin, just make sure it's pointing to ur0 not ux0 when you are installing them.

Reactions: Vinceherman

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But make sure i place them in the ur0 folder before i run them? because when i move them over the pc they end up in the ux0, so do I just move them from the ux0 to ur0 and then install? Sorry for all the questions!

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But make sure i place them in the ur0 folder before i run them? because when i move them over the pc they end up in the ux0, so do I just move them from the ux0 to ur0 and then install? Sorry for all the questions!

Oh I just realized that my ux0 is the file with the sd2vita linked, so do i install them there?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh I just realized that my ux0 is the file with the sd2vita linked, so do i install them there?
No problem, you can leave the vpks in ux0 which is now your sd2vita, your sony mem card should be uma0 now. The only thing you need in uro is your tai folder with your plugins, everything else you can leave in ux0.

Zay475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No problem, you can leave the vpks in ux0 which is now your sd2vita, your sony mem card should be uma0 now. The only thing you need in uro is your tai folder with your plugins, everything else you can leave in ux0.

Strange, when i am dropping in the adrenaline and pckg vpks to my vita through pc, they are showing on the pc, but not on the vita? all the others are showing that were there before but the new vpks I've added arent appearing, do you know what that could be?

Strange, when i am dropping in the adrenaline and pckg vpks to my vita through pc, they are showing on the pc, but not on the vita? all the others are showing that were there before but the new vpks I've added arent appearing, do you know what that could be?

do i need to press start in vitashell and change usb device to sd2vita rather than memory card?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

do i need to press start in vitashell and change usb device to sd2vita rather than memory card?

Yes it's probably sending to your sony mem card, change it in vitashell to sd2vita like you said.

Reactions: Zay475

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica