Hacking [SD2Vita] Apps all gone

rn_1604

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have been ejecting my microSD card to transfer games over the past few days. When I tried to turn my vita on today, it showed "building database" and all my games are gone. I believe the contacts are loose on the SD2Vita. It's the one from Srident. I bought it from him as I though that given the higher price, the quality assurance would be there. I am not very good at electronics, can anyone tell me what is wrong with the card?

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 481
D

Deleted User

Hi, I have been ejecting my microSD card to transfer games over the past few days. When I tried to turn my vita on today, it showed "building database" and all my games are gone. I believe the contacts are loose on the SD2Vita. It's the one from Srident. I bought it from him as I though that given the higher price, the quality assurance would be there. I am not very good at electronics, can anyone tell me what is wrong with the card?

hi i read that sometimes reflowing the card might help. What data do you see if you connect micro sd to pc?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely, the card didn't make a good enough connection. the card needs to be in as far as u can possibly maneuver it. it needs to be to the point of needing another device to get it out. rebuilding the database means the system read either the internal memory card or the actual one (if u have one).

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reflowing? When I connect my microSD to my PC, everything is fine. I see all the data.

He's referring to the SD2Vita adapter...

BTW, is there a "bridge" between pins 7 and 8? Image gets blurry when increasing its size. If that's the case it might be the issue.

Also, the four "holding pins" need rework, they look poorly soldered or not at all.

Last edited by CMDreamer,
D

Deleted User

my advice is a new adapter and one of the gamecard ones or 3g modem ones. I wouldn't want to risk you corrupting memory card. But if you can back it up easily and just want to play you can try repairing card but I just feel not worth it...

rn_1604

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's referring to the SD2Vita adapter...

BTW, is there a "bridge" between pins 7 and 8? Image gets blurry when increasing its size. If that's the case it might be the issue.

Also, the four "holding pins" need rework, they look poorly soldered or not at all.
The 4 holding pins previously broke (top 2 broke, bottom right was not soldered at all, actually i believe only the top right and bottom left is soldered), which I believe it's due to repetitive insertion of the microSD card (not a good sign of a quality product!). I then loctited the microSD card holder to the PCB and also soldered the bottom right holding pin. I can't really tell if the pins 7 and 8 or even if the others are broken or not... I did informed Srident about this though, hopefully he can send me a replacement.

Attached a clearer image... i hope.

Attachments

• IMG_5250.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 338
Last edited by rn_1604,

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
had the same issue with a card I got from Srident, first one from him worked spot on, 2nd the solder looked like it broke in the mail, so the sd card reader part was loose, did email him and nothing :( Just ordered a few from another source, and all good, also ordered a couple of those new ones with cases etc that might make things easier? we shall see

rn_1604

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U used electrical tape?
Nope

had the same issue with a card I got from Srident, first one from him worked spot on, 2nd the solder looked like it broke in the mail, so the sd card reader part was loose, did email him and nothing :( Just ordered a few from another source, and all good, also ordered a couple of those new ones with cases etc that might make things easier? we shall see
Srident asked me if I wanted another one and I told him yes. Let's hope he's able to send one to me FOC. Anyway I bought another one as well:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Version2-0-...ards-/202031449325?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=TxQ648
Looks better, let's hope the quality is good too.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Carlanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get one from US seller if you dont want to spend a month waiting, it is recommended to use electrical tape, hope u didnt short circuit the game slot.
You don't need to use tape in the gadorach redesign, its an improved version of the pcb, even if you short circuit, the vita would turn off but not necessarily damage the slot.

Last edited by Carlanga,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1