Hacking SD/USB Loader v1.5

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rivaplz said:
Seems that this new update really did increase HDD compatibility... somewhat. I have a WD My Book Home edition 320GB HDD that was never able to be found by any loader, now the loader can find it, yet when I try to make a partion, it gives the -6. I tried to reformat, and also format the drive into WBFS via windows, but it still gives a -6 when trying to partion through the loader. Still, this is a step in the right direction, as I think the next version that increases compatibility will let me access my drive completely.

P.S. the actual error is something along the lines of ret -6 cannot find any partion.

Same here, but at least it can now see the drive, so that's one step closer. (For now, though, back to USB stick.)

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm obviously going to get no decent help here am I?

Why do I always get an issue no one else gets.
Edit:
Also, Animal crossing still crashes randomly, let me guess.. it doesn't for anyone else right?

Tgrokz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaseincats said:
says it reduces load times

does that mean its as quick as 1.1 or is it just better than 1.4?
4 gig backup game is taking 35min, which is about how fast it went with 1.1
i never tried anything other than 1.1, though

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
ekolimits said:
hdhacker said:
ekolimits said:
does this mean my enclosure that would freeze up durring gameplay will now work?
with the improved compatibility thing?

I interpret that as "better compatibility with detecting USB drives." The issue you're referring to has to do with the hard drive spindown. If you're having that issue, search for an existing topic on spindown and ask for help.

yeah i know about the spindown but i have an enclosure (Cheap One) and a maxtor 120gb inside... and im not sure if i have to configure the enclosure or the drive...
the drive, if you know about the issue then you should know the software for seagate and maxtor drives... go to the seagate site (connect your drive to a pc without the usb casing)

thanx but ireally dont know which file to use from their website... i have a 120 maxtor ide drive

tube83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cuber said:
Edit:
Also, Animal crossing still crashes randomly, let me guess.. it doesn't for anyone else right?

good, or bad actually, to know. i'll pass on this one. seems to be an cios and not a loader issue
frown.gif

just hope rev11 won't have that bug as well... for AC to work just return to a 1.1 based loader with cios rev9.

Patto1976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuber said:

How do you mean by randomly? Playing for a long time and it crashes at odd times, or is it at set sequences in the game?

Have the game myself but have only tested it on usbloader to the point of getting into the town and going to the town hall.

Anymore tests you need; I might be able to carry out, just give me a shout.

tube83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Patto1976 said:
Cuber said:

How do you mean by randomly? Playing for a long time and it crashes at odd times, or is it at set sequences in the game?

Have the game myself but have only tested it on usbloader to the point of getting into the town and going to the town hall.

i'm not cuber
wink.gif
, but for me it crashed at random when i had cios rev10 installed. version of the loader didn't matter. it froze for me three times in about 30 mins of play at random times. once it took about 20 mins, another time only about 2mins. back to rev9 and the freezes disappeared.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
tube83 said:
Patto1976 said:
Cuber said:

i'm not cuber
wink.gif
, but for me it crashed at random when i had cios rev10 installed. version of the loader didn't matter. it froze for me three times in about 30 mins of play at random times. once it took about 20 mins, another time only about 2mins. back to rev9 and the freezes disappeared.
What he said.

Well I'm glad there's something that makes sense for this one..

As for my USB loader only wi-fi issue..

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont have animal crossing so i cant be 100% sure about this but you guys having problems with it freezing are you sure your rev10 is the current one?

When rev10 first got released it had a bug in it and caused a lot of stuff to mess up.I new rev10 was then put out to replace it.

I should suggest installing rev10 again.Just my 2 cents.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
I dont have animal crossing so i cant be 100% sure about this but you guys having problems with it freezing are you sure your rev10 is the current one?

When rev10 first got released it had a bug in it and caused a lot of stuff to mess up.I new rev10 was then put out to replace it.

I should suggest installing rev10 again.Just my 2 cents.
I'm sure I got the latest Rev10.. mostly. But ehh.. I got a link to the newest revision 10 and the modification dates and times in it were the same as the other one I have, so I guessed it must be the up to date one.

CannibalKidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're not alone. I'm getting the same freezing in AC:CF with rev10. When I drop back down to rev9 it works fine. Hoping this will be fixed in rev11

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Reverted to 9 now.

All is fine again with the world.
biggrin.gif

... Well.. except the wi-fi.. ¬¬;; Is everyone else seriously fine with wi-fi when using a USB loader?? Like 100%? It isn't more laggy.. doesn't struggle connecting.. and doesn't drop??

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
OH FUCK!

i'm doing a comparison between 1.1 official and 1.5 official
using samba de amigo.
this disk has a 170meg system partition containing all wads for 3.1v4 and a 3.05gb game partition.

sooo:
1.1 stored 3.05gb to the drive in 41min's & 8 seconds.
1.5 stored 3.22gb to the drive in 41min's & 38 seconds.
so 1.5 has a slightly higher transfer rate.

so it's storing the damned junk on the drive! this needs to be made optional!
hate2.gif

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
+1 for seeing this in .wad form i would love a channel of this!

i tried on my WD passport it works flawless despite the spin down issue some people apparently have with these. i let my wii sit for about 20 minutes and i touched the disk and it wasn't vibrating lightly i knew the motor stopped. i changed menus to make the disk spin back up it worked fine, all it did was delay 2 seconds while it was spinning up. then it worked like normal.

also, WFC on mario kart atleast works flawless. though the quicker load times are offset by having to wait for everyone else to load lol

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
BlackEnigma said:
hdhacker said:
Blue-K said:
I have to redump my my games again, because they were before on a 500GB Partition...and now I'm duming then to the 700GB Partition, because I had to delete the 500GB Partition, to make a 700GB Partition
tongue.gif
...sounds weird and unlogical, but 700 is better than 500, so I'm willing to dump my 60 games again
tongue.gif

If you dumped every single Wii game in existence onto your hard drive, I don't think you would reach 500GB.

I bet you could get closer to 500gb than most people would think.
Not that I so many games that I would know.
Hey all it would take is 500 1gb games
smile.gif

I made my "Wii side" of my hard drive 200 GB and I'm starting to get the suspicion that maybe I should have made it a little bigger. It's just so hard to know what the right size is that you think will take care of you for the duration of the Wii's life time.

I currently have 28 games totaling 70.34 GB.

I don't know if I really see myself buying 28 more games and 70.34 plus 70.34 is 140.68 which is still less than 200 but what if the size of games starts increasing. What if every game is suddenly on a dual layered disc? (Ok so that won't happen, but still!)

And I wouldn't be surprised if the collectors eventually reached 1TB. You know those people that simply must have every game, shovelware or not.
I have 30 games installed, total size is less than 60 GB.
I already redumped them once, because I read somewhere that WAD Manager could install wads from a fat partition on the HDD, so made a small 70GB partition after the one for games on my 500GB hdd.
But it didn't work
frown.gif
Wads cant be installed from there

QUOTE(thatcoolguy @ Apr 18 2009, 06:57 AM)
+1 for seeing this in .wad form i would love a channel of this!

i tried on my WD passport it works flawless despite the spin down issue some people apparently have with these. i let my wii sit for about 20 minutes and i touched the disk and it wasn't vibrating lightly i knew the motor stopped. i changed menus to make the disk spin back up it worked fine, all it did was delay 2 seconds while it was spinning up. then it worked like normal.

also, WFC on mario kart atleast works flawless. though the quicker load times are offset by having to wait for everyone else to load lol
Grab the forwarder channel from here and you won't have to think about new updated channels again
wink.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Tetsuo Shima said:
- Update partitions/channels/VC are not ignored in future installations (in previous versions the partitions were copied but they were deleted from the partition table and therefore they stopped existing).
Does this mean that the VC Demos in Brawl can now be played?
In version 1.1 it would just reboot back to the system menu when I tried to play them.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
spiritofcat said:
Tetsuo Shima said:
- Update partitions/channels/VC are not ignored in future installations (in previous versions the partitions were copied but they were deleted from the partition table and therefore they stopped existing).
Does this mean that the VC Demos in Brawl can now be played?
In version 1.1 it would just reboot back to the system menu when I tried to play them.

i cant see how, it backs it to the hd, but it dont actually load/install the update-partition.
infact the only reason you could want to do it, is so you could extract it to burn dvd's again.
but as most people put all there iso's through a brick-blocker anyway, it's pointless.
smile.gif

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
thatcoolguy said:
How many races did you do?

I got through like, half of one... then it had trouble getting to the races. x_x;; I wish I knew what's going on.. I wonder if it's anything weird like what bit my current wi-fi settings are in. o.O (As in 1,2 or 3..)

Also, I'd like a channel version of this (Not a forwarder), because when I swap the SD cards after loading this, it doesn't seem to see the new card.

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have had about...12 or so WFC races today since installing it.

pentetr8or I tried to put the .dol inside a .wad using WADder but when it shows the "WADDER IS WORKING" screen on my desktop it just sits there doing nothing seemingly, i waited about 15 minutes before killing it in taskmanager. wish there was another way to generate .wads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto