Hacking SD/USB Loader v1.5

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
thatcoolguy said:
i have had about...12 or so WFC races today since installing it.
I see.. Well, thanks for the info, I think. @.@;
What other stuff do you have on your wii?? (As in system menu versions.. hax.. special IOS thingys @.@ )

Also, I found a channel, thing is.. my SD card just brings up an error.
TV2009041808164700.jpg

My lucks amazing.
biggrin.gif

Edit: I also wonder if my wi-fi issues would be with what I use..
Image124.jpg

I can't see why it would though..

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
thatcoolguy said:
i have had about...12 or so WFC races today since installing it.

pentetr8or I tried to put the .dol inside a .wad using WADder but when it shows the "WADDER IS WORKING" screen on my desktop it just sits there doing nothing seemingly, i waited about 15 minutes before killing it in taskmanager. wish there was another way to generate .wads.
Well, instead of making the wad yourself, you can download the pregenerated wad file and just install that
wink.gif

I never figured out how to use that wadder-thing.. So I downloaded the wad files instead of the dol files
smile.gif

Cuber said:
QUOTE(thatcoolguy @ Apr 18 2009, 08:12 AM) i have had about...12 or so WFC races today since installing it.
I see.. Well, thanks for the info, I think. @.@;
What other stuff do you have on your wii?? (As in system menu versions.. hax.. special IOS thingys @.@ )

Also, I found a channel, thing is.. my SD card just brings up an error.
TV2009041808164700.jpg

My lucks amazing.
biggrin.gif

Edit: I also wonder if my wi-fi issues would be with what I use..
Image124.jpg

I can't see why it would though..
Say, do you use that USB Cardreader in the wii aswell? Or just the card?
I'm just wonderin.. If that reader would work and make USB Loader load from the card inserted there, then that would be a USB Mass Storage Device and not an SD card
smile.gif

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
penetr8or said:
Say, do you use that USB Cardreader in the wii aswell? Or just the card?
I'm just wonderin.. If that reader would work and make USB Loader load from the card inserted there, then that would be a USB Mass Storage Device and not an SD card
smile.gif
I normally use the USB card reader and select USB Mass-storage.

But I was trying it through the front slot. I wanted to see if I did it like that, would wi-fi work. But as I can't get it to work with it directly in the wii SD slot I guess I can't see then. ^^;
But theory was... what if some how it's interfering, why it would.. I dunno... and it's not like I ever take it out when I'm using a disk (Which when I do wi-fi works perfectly), I guess I could try using a USB extension cable.

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks penetr8r I just installed the pregenerated WAD file and it comes up on my wii menu just fine. although when i actually start the program i just get a black screen. i have placed the usb loader boot.dol in apps\usb_loader, any ideas?

the wad I downloaded from the gbatemp wiki with the USB loader releases.

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tgrokz said:
chaseincats said:
says it reduces load times

does that mean its as quick as 1.1 or is it just better than 1.4?
4 gig backup game is taking 35min, which is about how fast it went with 1.1
i never tried anything other than 1.1, though

alright so it seems we wont be losing anything by upgrading

but is it worth all the trouble people seem to be having?

why is it that the first release was the fastest, best, and most stable one?

Puffinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@thatcoolguy .. I just had the same sort of issue and I found by changing the folder to 'apps\usbloader' (no underscore) it now works fine. Always worth a try.

HaTaX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
1.1 stored 3.05gb to the drive in 41min's & 8 seconds.
1.5 stored 3.22gb to the drive in 41min's & 38 seconds.
so 1.5 has a slightly higher transfer rate.

so it's storing the damned junk on the drive! this needs to be made optional!
hate2.gif

That extra info is the update partition and other various data that comes in very handy if you want to burn it back to a DVD at some point. For someone like me this is a huge benefit because I don't need to retain 2 copies of my images now. If I save them to a WBFS drive, then I can extract them when I want to burn a DVD from them. I'll gladly give up an extra 150~200MB for each rip for that...

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puffinz said:
@thatcoolguy .. I just had the same sort of issue and I found by changing the folder to 'apps\usbloader' (no underscore) it now works fine. Always worth a try.

thanks for the suggestion. i have tried both usbloader and usb_loader but they both make the wii show a black screen and then freeze completely, the wiimote won't even light up when buttons are pressed.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
thatcoolguy said:
Puffinz said:

thanks for the suggestion. i have tried both usbloader and usb_loader but they both make the wii show a black screen and then freeze completely, the wiimote won't even light up when buttons are pressed.
Odd, I have no problem starting usb loader via the forwarder channel whatsoever..
No black screen or anything else.

I do get kind of a black screen on some of the other forwarders, namely VBA, scumm and homebrew browser. But that's a black screen with alot of text telling me about errors.

Could you try and have a look at the black screen, see if there is any text present?

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
thatcoolguy said:
Puffinz said:

Odd, I have no problem starting usb loader via the forwarder channel whatsoever..
No black screen or anything else.

I do get kind of a black screen on some of the other forwarders, namely VBA, scumm and homebrew browser. But that's a black screen with alot of text telling me about errors.

Could you try and have a look at the black screen, see if there is any text present?

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
''- Update partitions/channels/VC are not ignored in future installations (in previous versions the partitions were copied but they were deleted from the partition table and therefore they stopped existing).''

Can somene explain me in super noobish what does this mean?

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
HaTaX said:
steve-p said:
1.1 stored 3.05gb to the drive in 41min's & 8 seconds.
1.5 stored 3.22gb to the drive in 41min's & 38 seconds.
so 1.5 has a slightly higher transfer rate.

so it's storing the damned junk on the drive! this needs to be made optional!
hate2.gif

That extra info is the update partition and other various data that comes in very handy if you want to burn it back to a DVD at some point. For someone like me this is a huge benefit because I don't need to retain 2 copies of my images now. If I save them to a WBFS drive, then I can extract them when I want to burn a DVD from them. I'll gladly give up an extra 150~200MB for each rip for that...

sorted now, it's a configurable option in the configurable loader v12
smile.gif

skyknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Why do i have to say it 100 times? The games that need the patching for disc based backup launching don't work in the usb loaders. Until this is changed if you patch a game to use another IOS or not doesn't change the compatibility at all.

Here's a incomplete and maybe partly incorrect list of games that require the patching for disc based backup launching:

Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune (maybe doesn't need the patching, 1 confirmation)
Boogie (not Boogie Superstar which doesn't need this)
Call of Duty 3
Far Cry Vengeance
FIFA 08
House of the Dead 2
Madden '07
Madden '08
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime 1 (3 doesn't need this!)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
NBA Live '08
Obscure: The Aftermath (1 confirmation)
Pangya Golf With Style
Red Steel
Sam & Max Season 1
Splinter Cell Double Agent
SSX Blur
Super Swing Golf

Very glad to find this post...thanks WiiPower for the repeated info.
For those looking, there are a couple very useful wiki pages, one for the USB loader, one for gamma:
USB Launcher v1.x Compatibility Matrix
Backup Launcher v3 Gamma

The Wiki for Gamma identifies several games that need the IOS249 patch...I have not validated WiiPower's list above to the Wiki, but the wiki might be the source.

WiiPower said:
QUOTE(dun4cheap @ Apr 17 2009, 04:17 PM) [...]
You can take the Far Cry off the list, I backed up my original and it plays just fine off the HDD.

No.
"the wii restarts after completing the first level during the "plane flight away from the island movie cut scene"

Actually i think the game has the same compatibility as Sam & Max Season 1: Doesn't work in ANY loader, disc or usb doesn't matter.

My experience with Far Cry Vengeance is pretty close to what WiiPower states...

USB Loader:
USB loader 1.5 with cios 36 v10: I tried a copy of Far Cry Vengeance that was IOS249 patched and it would restart/reboot the wii at the end of the first level. I tried the IOS249 patch after first trying the game with no patch. I also tried (IOS249 patched and unpatched) with the USB loader with a disc in the drive and it also did not work.

SoftMii V2 something I think:
I have SoftMii (forget which version) installed, and I burned the IOS249 patch Far Cry Vengeance to DVD and it boots and works properly from the Disc Channel. I did not test a non-patched copy burned to DVD.

Hope this info helps anyone searching to see if Far Cry Vengeance works...also hope it helps the coding wizards out there to find the fix
wink.gif

Great work to all involved!

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coffeeBean said:
Is anyone else having problems loading games from SDHC with this version? USB loading works fine for me, but when I try to load off a SDHC, I get the official wii error message saying that "something has gone wrong, eject the dvd and turn off the system, etc". While loading from the same SDHC works with v1.4.

Yeah I get the same thing. 1.4 works thou.

sm0kie

Trophies
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
Blue-K said:
I have to redump my my games again, because they were before on a 500GB Partition...and now I'm duming then to the 700GB Partition, because I had to delete the 500GB Partition, to make a 700GB Partition
tongue.gif
...sounds weird and unlogical, but 700 is better than 500, so I'm willing to dump my 60 games again
tongue.gif

If you dumped every single Wii game in existence onto your hard drive, I don't think you would reach 500GB.

Theres just over 750 games out at the mo'
smile.gif
(just cleared dupes out of a game code list and bullet pointed with numbers, came up as 754, but i may of missed one or two dupes and games are released every day, but you get the idea
smile.gif
, 500GB isn't very much if you want all the games, even the really, really bad ones
smile.gif
(not sure why anyone would, but each to there own
smile.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...