I can change this?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I use a 4GB Kingston SD with my Acekard, I used to format it every once in a while with panasonic SD formatter, recently it has been acting a little weird with lag during games such as Ouendan (2)... dunno if it's formatting or the SD itself is dying out on me. It's an 8 month old or so SD.

also, I have some e-books on my DS I usually read, but since I updated to AKAIO 1.5 I haven't tried to read them. I tried yesterday, and found out that they did away with the internal text reader; the normal text reader has to "parse" the texts, which I'm not sure how long is supposed to take, but takes so long I have no chance of reading my e-books. Did they really remove the internal text reader, and I'm forced to use the plugin text reader/a homebrew program to read stuff now?

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try reformatting it, and put a new copy of AKAIO 1.5 on it. for the text reader, just tried mine out. It works like a charm. It's loading a couple of seconds and it's there. I can't really help you out with that. good luck

knl

I can change this?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
just wondering, how large a text file did you try loading? the e-books I have are 400kb+, so I can sort of see what's the deal there.

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
akaio 1.4 had 2 text readers, one that was built into akaio and the other that was a plugin

if you read the akaio wiki you'll see (as it has been stated many times in the forum) that plugins have been removed from akaio 1.5, this means that the text reader you are using in 1.5 is the built in one, not the plugin (which in my opinion is better)

you can download a version of the plugin that works on its own, go search the download section of this site, i believe its called text viewer

EDIT: I looked up the link, I am pretty sure it is this one. Obviously you have to scroll through your folders to get to your .txt file, but it reads it just like the akaio 1.4 plugin.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately the stand-alone version of the AKAIO 1.4 text reader is extremely glitchy...I ended up switching to DsLibris. That was fun I had to convert my library of over 400 ebooks to .xhtml format and I can't keep as many of them on my DS as before because DsLibris can't process over a certain amount without erroring on me. Oh well. Other than that I do recommend it as an ebook reader for DS. Definitely a good replacement option for the AKAIO 1.4 plugin.

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just remembered, you could also use moonshell as a .txt reader, it is very good and looks nice, i've been using it and i'm extremely happy with it

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
knl said:
just wondering, how large a text file did you try loading? the e-books I have are 400kb+, so I can sort of see what's the deal there.
they were guides or a little book, i think not more then 50kb. I can try downloading an ebook and see what happens when i've got some time. Otherwise you can always use homebrew like moonshell. I used that a couple of times, works great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1