Sd Help.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dinoguy, Apr 10, 2009.

Apr 10, 2009

Sd Help. by Dinoguy at 8:13 AM (529 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Dinoguy
    OP

Member Dinoguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I somehow disabled the sd slot on my wii, if you read my other topic It stopped working after a homebrew browser update, for some reason its not even recognized as a sd but as something else,the same thing with my other sd cards(which are new)
    What should I do,should I clean the sd slot using a cotton swab, update via nintendo to get the sd ios's ?
    I need help. please answer.

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you still have the HBC, updating might help you get it running again.

Or if you have the TP Hack installed you could try running the IOS Downgrader and CIOS Downgrader apps or other preferred method of downgrading. I think that would make sure all your IOS's are as they should be.

3. Dinoguy
    OP

Member Dinoguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm on 3.2 so I'm not sure downgrading would work,if my wii gets bricked via nintendo update then can I still unbrick it? Will HBC work at 4.0? and thanks for the quick response

:Edit well thanks I owe you BIG after the update it started work [​IMG]

4. MightyMouse

Member MightyMouse GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    if you have Homebrew Channel installed, along with a new cios preferably rev8 or rev9

try updating to 4.0

it might sort you out dude, alternatively if you have preloader, see if your SD is recognized in preloader and try and launch ARC and reinstall 3.2 i agree with the previous poster it does look like a IOS issue.

5. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The homebrew channel won't go away if you update to 4.0, but unless you have Preloader you won't have brick protection. I don't know much about how Preloader works, so I can't tell you how to mess with it.

And I suggested doing the downgrade process because you'd be reinstalling your Wii's IOS's, which ought to resolve your problem. I say "ought to" because I don't have 100% certainty, but I know that offline downgrading works by replacing the IOS files (or just installing CIOSCORP) and then manually installing IOS-30 and SysMenu-289, so I don't see why doing a "downgrade" to your own firmware version would be much different.