OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So....
My sons' wii was chipped yesterday(D2CKey).I have been researching to assist in using the SD gecko we bought so as to backup....

I have bought a Gamecube controller as advised by my friendly-neighbourhood Modchip installer, and have run the just downloaded GCOS 1.3 software(also as advised...thanks Anthony)...so far so good...the gamecube controller was used when the disc loaded and it all seemed pretty straightforward....I got to the stage of "entering the game to begin the dump", then i stopped...need to get a game to copy now, which is my next chore...

However, I cannot find any information on joining together the 5 blocks of .ISO data i am expecting to receive(I have a 1 gb SD card), other than some rather Highlevel info involving Dos and command prompts which sounded quite scary...

1...Could someone care to explain\shed some light on the procedure I need to follow once i have my first block of data on the SD???

2...Naturally i need to put the SD in the PC...but what then?

3..Will my PC recognise the data??

4...How do i join the blocks???

If this has been answered before , my apologies...I have used the search function to no avail...same for Google...
smile.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
(!) There's a whole program?!? Lol

On windows: copy /b file1.ext+file2.ext+file3.ext final.iso

On Linux: cat file1.ext file2.ext file3.ext > final.iso

mister x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic....thanks for that, what ever it means!
dsbomb...actually "making"my sons' was a rather pleasant experience....dont be scared..try it, youll like it!!!
wink.gif

for what its worth guys,Kiljaedens guide was the way to go for me.....and the SD gecko is a fine tool
rolleyes.gif

Thanks again for the help....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0