Hardware Sd card write speed is slow

AndyGJorgensen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 400gb SanDisk sd card that passed h2testw when I bought it. After using gamecard installer to install a 14gb game with 16gb of free space the switch froze and would no long boot emunand.

The card used to write at speeds around 45mb/s now I'm lucky to get 1mb/s even after full format of the sd card removed hidden partition in the process. Is the card toast I've never had a card go bad this way it still reads at 55mb/s and data is not corrupt. Any ideas on how to fix the speed issues or just toss it?

AndyGJorgensen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 400gb SanDisk sd card that passed h2testw when I bought it. After using gamecard installer to install a 14gb game with 16gb of free space the switch froze and would no long boot emunand.

The card used to write at speeds around 45mb/s now I'm lucky to get 1mb/s even after full format of the sd card removed hidden partition in the process. Is the card toast I've never had a card go bad this way it still reads at 55mb/s and data is not corrupt. Any ideas on how to fix the speed issues or just toss it?
In case anyone else runs into this issue.

I formated the card exfat and fat32 with no luck. Tried to use windows disk repair with no luck. Finally did a fat32 format with quick format not checked and let it run took around 40hrs. Now I'm getting 47mb/s write 90mb/s read and it passed a h2testw memory card test.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick format does not check for bad sectors. That probably means that your card had some bad sectors that are now marked as bad (not used) when it goes through the low-level format. Forty hours to format? Patience prevails.

AndyGJorgensen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick format does not check for bad sectors. That probably means that your card had some bad sectors that are now marked as bad (not used) when it goes through the low-level format. Forty hours to format? Patience prevails.
Yeah I forgot about it got back on my computer and saw the completed format dialog and figured I'd try it. NOW the amount of time I spent in the card really wasn't worth the expense of a new card. But I can still use it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/