Hacking sd card troubles

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
about a week ago my 8gb sd (sandisk) and my brothers' M3 DS Real arrived from dx and i had the job of setting it up for him (D/Ling the firmware putting roms on the card etc.)

so i put on the bliss triple loader and some games. and played through them a bit to see if they all worked. i tested a few, no probs, then i went into sonic chronicles and played for about 30mins, after a bit the game just froze.

so i restarted the ds and was greeted by the m3 showing "M3 DS Real" on the bottom screen and just staying there and never loading, so i put the sd in my computer and it shows up in windows but all my files are gone and when i right click and go "properties" the window says that my sd has 0bytes of storage space even though before the game freezing windows recognized it as being 8gb. after "safely removing" the sd i plugged it back in and now windows doesn't even register it as being plugged in anymore

does anyone have any clue wtf happened and how i can fix it?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As Kittymat suggests, it may be your card reader. The ones that come with flash carts are notoriously crappy.

It might also be your microSDHC card. If the Panasonic formatter doesn't work, some people have had luck reformatting them in a camera, cell phone, or some other device. I'd try that before throwing it away. You might also try contacting Sandisk and seeing if they'll replace it. I know that Kingston is very good about replacing microSDHC cards, but I don't know about Sandisk.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)