Hacking SD card rendered obsolete after 3DS format.

RandomCringeyYouTuber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this is what happened. I tried to make an emuNAND and failed simply because i didn't realize i could use Godmode9 to delete an NNID. so i formatted the system. but then, unsurprisingly, I couldn't use any of my games because they were on the SD card that was now pretty much obsolete. I cant find any help searching online so someone please help me here. (I am such a dumb-ass)

RandomCringeyYouTuber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I formatted my system trying to make an emunand and now my games and theme on the SD card don't load when I boot up the 3ds home menu. I tried to follow your instructions because I couldn't find them anywhere else but I cannot find the ctrnand images. I don't even want emunand anymore I just want my games back

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I formatted my system trying to make an emunand and now my games and theme on the SD card don't load when I boot up the 3ds home menu. I tried to follow your instructions because I couldn't find them anywhere else but I cannot find the ctrnand images. I don't even want emunand anymore I just want my games back

Your installed games and save files are tied to an id which is randomly generated when you format the 3DS. Even the encryption of the game/save-files is tied to this. That means if you didn't make a nand backup prior formatting then you have to face the consequences => no way to get the installed games/saves back.

You have obviously no clue what you are doing. CTR-Nand images won't help you here.

Last edited by GothicIII,

RandomCringeyYouTuber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then let's say I did make a nand backup. Out of curiosity, where and what would it be?
I'm only asking this because I followed the 3dshacks guide and I might have made one but I don't remember

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then let's say I did make a nand backup. Out of curiosity, where and what would it be?
I'm only asking this because I followed the 3dshacks guide and I might have made one but I don't remember

If you used GM9 then they should be in /gm9/ . Bear in mind if you formatted your 3DS and had a SD card installed, it will ask if you want to format it, too. Should you have clicked "yes" at that process, all your data is unrecoverably lost.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did a Format System Memory, your 3DS might have permanently deleted the contents within the Nintendo 3DS folder where not even a data recovery software like EaseUS would be able to bring back those files.

You must check on computer if the titles [games, updates, dlcs] and saves + extdata are still present on that SD card.
  • smdc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/
    • 00040000/
    • 0004000e/
    • 0004008c/
00040000 = games | 0004000e = updates | 0004008c = DLCs

Without those still there, you have nothing to restore from.

Had you made a SysNAND *.bin image, you should recognize the file by this format:
  • ######_XX########_sysnand_000.bin
  • <date>_<serial>_sysnand_000.bin

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I DID back up the nand!

So I'm not a complete dumbass and have to redownload all of my games!
Reinstalling games is easy enough if you have a NNID tied to purchases from Nintendo eShop or you pirated your stuff from CIAs.

Unless your Nintendo 3DS folder is still somehow intact, you do know that your game save progresses are lost.

Reinstalling games will not bring those back.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just use Godmode9 to restore from your nand backup. If your Nintendo3ds folder is still on your sd card, all your games and saves should be working again.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, thats the link. Restoring the NAND should be enough. @TurdPooCharger Since he hasn't got access to his saves/games JKSM won't help in this case.

@OP: Annoying is a harsh word. It is just you are like the 1000th user who is neither able to read properly nor follow a really well done and detailed guide.

Last edited by GothicIII,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RandomCringeyYouTuber, you better double check if your stuff is installed in the Nintendo 3DS folder and that they're still listed in:
  • System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Software
if not seen on HOME Menu.

If their tickets are missing, do not reinstall games as doing so will overwrite and delete your saves.

So how do I do the key and ID0 stuff?
My first reply, if you read about the CTRTransfer (Type D9) gm9 script, it has a feature that does bruteforce finding and matching movable.sed KeyY to <ID0> subfolder.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)