Hardware sd card recomendations

r_al_sim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to wipe my 4.1 switch down and restore the clean nand and upgrade to v9 and connect to nintendo to buy some games, as i've completed all my games and looking to purchase a bunch of games and go back to CFW again for a good 6 months.

I've been on the same hacked switch for ages now and given up on waiting for a non rcm hack

the reason i ask is this time i'm going to go emunand whats the fastest and biggest sd card the switch can take i was using a class 10 128gb but going to need much more i think this time round as some of the games i want to buy are at least 15 GB like pillars of eternity diablo and boulders gate plus there are a few of my games i want to keep + my rom collection for retroarch

r_al_sim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks i'll settle for 512GB should be more than enough for the year to come, just making a full backup of my dirty 4.1 now in case my clean 4.1 doesnt restore properly hopefully i'll be back with a nice clean system and after my card arrives get some games installed and go emunand and keep a clean sysnand so i dont have to go through this again

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As far as I can see Sandisk 400gb is around 50 dollars and 512 around 100 dollars. I think 400gb is the best deal right now. Maybe on black friday you can get a better deal.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a 256GB official Nintendo branded Sandisk card. Purely because the of speed compared to other cards in it's class and Sandisks unbeatable lifetime warranty.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country