SD Card problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterzero, Dec 9, 2014.

1. masterzero
    OP

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Well today someone uploaded smt iv dlc so I went and turned off my 3ds to put it on the sd card , but it got stuck turning off and I dunno why I did so but I removed the sd card before force closing it off by long pressing the button. When I turned it back on the sysnand said that the sd card applications couldn't be loaded and the exploit didn't load the gateway loader ! ( even when I accesed the sd card on my pc and I could put the new stuff) . So I changed the sd card adapter and it seemed to work. I played some smt iv , saved , changed to fantasy life and played for some time , and when I wanted to save it said that it couldn't access the sd card ! :SS , so I had to turn it off and lose the progres I have done.. Funny thing is that I have opened it again just now and I have saved in fantasy life without problem , and also I have checked smt iv and I haven't lost the progress I have done after this incident hmm

So I wonder if this is the microSD fault that has become partially corrupted or something ? should I backup the content and the emunand , format the sd card ( how can this be done deleting the emunand partition too?) and restore everything again?

2. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    This does sound like corruption, yes. I don't know if formatting will restore it, though. It might be a permanent defect.

3. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Yeah it has happened to me a few times. An windows explorer error check should fix it.

4. masterzero
    OP

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007

Thank you very much ^^ , just backuped all the content and tried your method , will update if I have any problem

ED: It said it detected no errors tho the "This card has a problem" popup doesnt appear anymore. I also put the old sd card adaptor and had no problem too. I'm not going to play today and will save frequently and hope it is fixed ^^

ED : Saved and reloaded many games and no problem for now , I think it's fixed , thank you very much ^^

5. Kevin93

Kevin93 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2015
    Armenia
    Bogen, Germany
    Hay, could you tell me, where to get SMT 4 ADDON / DLC from?