SD Card keeps disconnecting

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Dannckles, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Dannckles
    OP

Dannckles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2013
    Brazil
    I'm using a 8gb Sandisk MicroSD and a SD adaptor, it worked just fine for quite some time, but in the last few days, every now and then, when I open my 3DS, it says there's no SD card (and I lose every progress if I was playing a game). I turn off the 3DS, remove and insert the SD again. Is this a known issue? Maybe it's a microSD compatibility problem? Formatting it will do any good? Thanks!

2. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    most possibly issue is caused by SD adaptor. SD adaptors are known to cause such problems because of contact issues. Try to use a full size SD card.

3. Dannckles
    OP

Dannckles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2013
    Brazil
    I switched adaptors hoping it would work, but no dice. I'm considering buying a full size SD card. But I always used MicroSDs in this and my old (burgled) 3DS without any issues.

4. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    Is you sd card legit? I had that same type of issue with a knock off card I bought on ebay, although I was using the card in my pc and phone.

Dannckles likes this.
  5. Dannckles
    OP

Dannckles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2013
    Brazil
    Yes, sir, I do believe it is legit. I'm more inclined to believe I ended up damaging it a little when transfering files to PC, maybe. I'm considering buying a new one, anyway. Perhaps I'll try to format it first.

6. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    it could also be the reader too . Try the card in a reader that you know works for sure , before you go out and buy a new card