sd card help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by monkeyman4412, May 27, 2017.

1. monkeyman4412
    OP

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    I'm trying to copy data to my microsd card from system memory to microsd via microsd card to a microsd card usb reader/writer. The problem is I cannot write any data as I get a error If I do so. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by monkeyman4412, May 27, 2017
  2. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    Be sure that your USB Reader doesn't have a switch thats on Read only. Does it work if you use another SD Card?

3. monkeyman4412
    OP

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    I've tried other micro sd cards as well and they work. And its a read and write issue. I checked with a surface test if the card is faulty, and it isn't. So this means that is a problem with the usb reader?. Also it could be possible that its the issue of the microsd card's size. its 64gb. Also all homebrew seems to crash if I try to even bother to put apps into it. I seriously wish there was exfat support. Because wudump will always freeze with it once I try dumping. I've tried just about everything. formating, non quick format. partitioning, surface checks. But I just can't seem to get to the bottom as to why it gives me such a amazingly hard time. And I tried even a more complicate setup as well. Because I also have a micro sd to sd, and a usb that is sd to... well usb. And that doesn't work either. I don't understand. And again its not the card as the surface check showed there weren't any bad blocks. (when talking about homebrew, I mean formating the sd to a fat32. and then using it with the micro sd to sd)

also the microsd to usb reader does not have a lock. the micro to sd does. But I've already made sure it wasn't locked either

Last edited by monkeyman4412, May 27, 2017